Women: Why do you expect men to pay for everything?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by waloshin, Mar 4, 2012.

1. waloshin, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012

waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Why do Women especially teenagers up till 30 expect their boy friends to pay for everything?

Guys why do you put up with paying for everything?

I thought a true relationship is 50/50 now I understand why men make more.

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

3. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Needs some work on the presentation though.

4. 184550 Guest

Personally, I prefer to. Unless of course the woman insists otherwise. However, I always go in assuming I will pay for whatever we do.

See above.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Because men need sex more than woman do. The real question is why have women put up with us for so long?

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Agreed.

If it's a 50/50 relationship like Waloshin wants, then every time she says "No." he better shut up and respect her wishes.

7. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Because men want hotties and hotties aint going to want to pay for anything. It's the price you pay for having a hot girl.

If you don't got a hottie then ya I'd wouldn't want to pay for her either.

8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Umm not all women do, I would never be with a person who expected me to pay for everything.

As for why the expectation exists. It's been a part of our culture for a long time that men make the money (or at least more money). So as a rule men tend to pay for things when they go out with a women it's considered chivalrous.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Gosh, Waloshin, even your thread title is bizarre (let alone the question/statement). The word "Woman" is used in the singular, - is this 'a' particular woman? Or, (as seems to be assumed by those who have taken the time and trouble to respond to you), is it a grammatically imbalanced sentence which assumes that "woman" (one woman) stands for all women, whereas men are easily assumed to include, well, men?

Why do men assume that an encounter with one woman is a sort of epic short-hand for all encounters with any woman in the future?

BTW: I suspect that the answer to your (poorly phrased) question is that 'you' clearly expect something - perhaps with little or nothing given in return; those who expect something may end up having to pay.....something.

Now, did 'you' ever try the art of wooing and winning.....treating her like a queen.....'you' might be surprised at the outcome.

----------

Historically, and still, in parts of the world, that is very true. As women had little or no economic independence, (as, indeed, women were bought, traded, exchanged, viewed as property - 'chattel' was the term used - and passed from father to husband on marriage), while men had, it used to be the norm.

Nowadays, with economic independence the norm - at least in the western world - for women, this attitude - hopefully is dying out, or is less prevalent. Certainly, I always expect to pay my way.

10. wonderspark macrumors 68030

wonderspark

I enjoy paying for a date, and most of the time, when the girl and I really connect, she offers to pay for the next phase, like the cinema, lift tickets or fuel for example... almost as if it's a subtle way of saying, "I like you enough to put my money on us, too."

I don't think it's a solid rule, but if you find you're dating a girl that never pays, and you're bothered by it, then you're not with the right girl.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

12. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Your parents really didn't tell you…?

Most women are actually Wom'yn from Rygel 9, a largely aquatic planet from the multiverse that is entwined with earth on a central axis that allows for inter-dimensional travel on leap years. It is customary among Rygellians that the Wom'yn implants her larvae within the male Rygellian who can offer her the largest dowry, a custom adopted by Earth men many centuries ago in order to better establish trade and diplomatic relations with the Rygellians.

…Or, you know, you could recognize that being a man endows you with a level of social mobility, status and power that many generations of women never had access to, and eat the price of a ****ing cheeseburger and milkshake.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

My girlfriend and I have been dating over 2 years and we always split stuff, it's just a given. Sometimes I grab dinner, sometimes she grabs dinner. Sometimes I take her on a nice date, sometimes she takes me on a nice date.

Here's a helpful hint: Instead of scratching your head wondering why you are paying for everything, focus on finding a quality woman who doesn't expect you to pay for everything.

If I started dating a girl and she never offered to pay for anything or even worse, refuses to, I would start looking for a new girl. That's a red flag and not what I consider to be a quality woman.

14. jackrv macrumors 6502

If I ask someone on a date, I expect to pay. If it goes beyond one date, I've never met someone who expected me to always pay. It either sounds like you've had bad luck or are just trying to start something on the forums. But if it never goes past a first date or two, where you are the one asking, I can see why it may seem that way.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I feel so bad for heterosexuals sometimes. :) We homos always do 50/50.

16. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I've never been on a date where the woman didn't pay.

:D

17. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Because she's supposed to be "paying you back" after the meal ;)

WINKWINK

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Most do and the few ones that don't, it's dutch.

Dating is quite the expensive endeavor for a guy

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

my significant other and i split everything. not every woman expects the man to pay for everything. in fact, i find the practice not only to be stupid but sexist as well. i understand if you're in a relationship and one of you makes more and the other is struggling that one side may pay more than the other, but that doesn't always mean its the man paying more either.

20. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You don't think it is for the woman? How much do you think the outfit she wears, the makeup, and perfume cost? The least a guy could do is pay for dinner...... ;)

21. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

There's a joke in there someplace...

22. Peace macrumors P6

Peace