Women's March Leader an anti-Semite?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoxerGT2.5, Mar 8, 2018.

1. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

3. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

It's not just her though. You have 7 people in congress tied to Farrakhan, who've taken meetings with him on some level. If 7 congressman met with David Duke it'd be front page and people on the left would be calling for their immediate removal from congress. I mean they lost their minds when Trump didn't immediately shun Dukes endorsement.

4. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

There was also problems with Obama and his crazy preacher but the difference Dukes and them is Dukes isn't a preacher even if the message is similar.

5. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah but was Obama's preacher an outward anti-Semite? There was also plenty of talk at the time that the MSM tried to sweep Wright under the rug as fast as they could.

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Obama's was just crazy IIRC Farrakhan holds the anti-semite crown and has for decades. I'm not excusing anything I'm just pointing out that we as a nation have an unfathomable relationship with preachers so they get away with more.

7. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

But hasn't anti-semitism been a thing connected to the Women's March this whole time, though? That and the whole "featured a speaker who helped torture and murder someone" issue.

8. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Liberal hypocrisy, I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.:rolleyes:

Politics makes strange bedfellows, one the one hand liberals want the vote of the disenfranchised muslim, on the other hand liberals despise much of what Islam is commonly about.

9. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Wasn't aware Luis Farakhan was still alive. I thought he died decades ago…. along with Reverend Jim Jones and other cult figures from the disco era.

10. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

So, then it's finally okay for us to paint all cops as shitbags now when they murder innocent people and kids?

11. A.Goldberg, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018

A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

Louis Farrakhan is one of the worst people in America and probably the biggest Anti-Semite. He’s just as bad (if not worse?) than the white supremacists and neo-Nazis. If you’ve never listened to him, just look him up on YouTube (NSFW). He’s a disgusting man.

These Women's March organizers need to either distance themselves from Farrakhan and reject his anti-Semitic and racist ideologies or be ousted from their leadership roles. Memebers of the Women’s March should not tolerate people who support such bigoted ideologies being in charge.

I’m all for the advancement and equality of woman and people of color, but the cross membership of leaders is unacceptable as the Nation of Islam is a well known hate group.

And it’s not just Women’s March leaders, it’s some of the top Democratic leaders.

12. jeyf macrumors 65816

The ladies cant seem to get organized.
    trump called them fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals and yet 52% voted for trump

13. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

Are you seriously implying the entire movement has no merit because of this one person? I don't even know how to respond to that.

14. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

The idea behind the movement still has merit, but his comment about the black eye is true. And it's not merely one random person, but at least three of the founders.

15. Altis macrumors 68030

Well, the movement lacks merit because they lack any clear message. But having several of the people at the very top turn out to be awful people doesn't add to it.

I don't personally hold supporters accountable when they didn't know at the time, but by now there's no excuse to be unaware, despite the media silence on it (very interesting how they choose what to report endlessly on and what they choose to ignore entirely, on both sides).

16. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Did I say the entire movement has no merit or did I say it's founders supporting a racist/anti-Semite give it a black eye? I do think the silence of many though suggest they're OK with it because at the end of the day intersectionality reigns supreme.

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Farrakhan is the worst kind of human being.

The women's march needs to get organized and take care of their leadership. Right now, it's barely an organization.

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I don't know what they need to do other than distance themselves from the Nation of Islam and Farrakhan as quickly as possible and if they've taken any money from them send it back too.

19. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

If they have someone that actually likes Farrakhan and believes in him, and thinks he's good for the "brand," then she needs to go.

20. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I agree