Wonder what Delta paid apple to feature them

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tigress666, Sep 12, 2012.

1. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ok, not paid but wonder what motivation Delta gave that had apple feature them a lot in their passbook demo (I noticed they brought up their boarding pass twice even though they also had an American airlines one in the list).

Delta had to have some sort of agreement to get much more airtime than American in that demo.

That was primo advertising for them honestly.

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

They sometimes have deals that go both ways. I wouldn't be surprised to see Apple products be promoted in Delta promotional stuff.

Just look at what Apple does with Starbucks too. They often feature them in their ads and announcement (remember the original iPhone?) and in exchange Starbucks promotes iTunes with their gift cards and free download cards. It's win-win.

3. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

my friend works at delta and this was front page news on the intranet

4. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I'm going to guess it has something to do with the fact that Delta actually works with the Passbook. I've tried checking into American Airlines and Southwest using a digital boarding pass at LAX, JFK and LAS and had got denied at some point. Seems like those airlines haven't fully trained their staff to be part of the 21st century.