Wondering a few things about the Genius Bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gordonpn, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Gordonpn macrumors member

Gordonpn

So I want to bring my iPhone 4S, that is almost a month old, to the Genius Bar. Just earlier today, my sleep button got harder to press and now, it worsened. I have to put significantly more pressure for it to unlock and lock. I am obviously still within warranty, but I'm not sure if that sort of problem is covered under the one-year warranty. I was wondering if I take it to the Genius Bar, will they replace it for me right away? Will I need to bring my receipt? I don't have it with me, my dad has the receipt and he is away right now.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Call and ask

3. Hoppesangen macrumors member

If it's less than 30 days just retail swap it for a new one...

4. gouda272 macrumors regular

You dont need anything just bring it. I have never shown a receipt there. They will just look up the serial # and i've never shown a license there either.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

They should replace the phone for that problem - especially if it's reproducible in the store.

Every iPhone 4S is less than one year old, so they don't really need to verify the warranty on it.

The only exception would be if there's obvious physical damage to the device caused by you or water damage.