Wondering if I can use a upgrade on one of my other lines?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tacote, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Tacote macrumors newbie

Hi was wondering if a person had a upgrade on another line could they preorder the iPhone 4 but when it comes in put it on another line? For example my wife has an upgrade that she doesn't really care to use. I got the 3gs last year and not able to get an upgrade till 3/2011. Could I just preorder it using her info so her line would get charged the upgrade? When the new phone comes in would I be able to put my number on it and not hers?

2. jfish1288 macrumors newbie

3. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Not 100% clear on this I want some info too...but remember the SIM cards are different on the 4G...so how would you transfer your SIM?

-J.-

4. squidlychoi macrumors newbie

If you are asking the question from a policy standpoint in general, then yes. I do this all the time. I have 4 phones on my plan one each for my wife and I and 2 high school kids. For some reason, the kids break their phones almost once a year as they toss it into their backpacks, etc...

It gets to be a comical situation in teh AT&T store now as the same sales rep always ask, "Ok, whose line are we going to do the upgrade on this time?" It always works out one person's line out of the 4 is eligible for the upgrade and then we do the SIM swap-a-roo

5. bmwman4life11 macrumors member

yes it is possible. look up, upgrade swap. or just look at the pic i have attached

Attached Files: