Won't be home to sign for Fed Ex, can I quickly print something to leave at the front

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wikoogle, Jun 24, 2010.

1. wikoogle macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Just found out that I can't be home to sign for Fed Ex. :(

Can I quickly print and sign something to leave at the front door so they would leave the iPhone at the front of the house?

A link to such a document would be greatly appreciated.

I have to leave in 15 minutes (and the shipment is due this afternoon) so a quick response would be really helpful. Thanks so much.

2. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

I have left a piece of paper with my signature order number and address before and they have left it there. That actually how i recieved my iPad!

3. drewby macrumors member

drewby

Quick. Go to apple store online, if u ordered there. Check order status and click on "pre sign" for package. Agree to it and print document, fill out and sign. Tape on front door. I would fold in half and write "fedex driver, please read" on it. My driver yesterday didn't even look at mine so make sure it is as obvious as possible that it is for them.

4. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

You can try that. I put one on my door yesterday wide open in the middle of the door. The FedEx guy (they said he was a fill in for the iPhone rush) and left without leaving it. I called and FedEx had him return and finally leave my phone. In other words keep a close eye on the tracking....:D

5. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Yep. I did that this morning and I just refreshed my fedex tracking number and see they did exactly what I put on my hand made sign :D

6. LastName macrumors member

YMMV. Mine was delivered by FedEx but I ordered from AT&T. No signature needed. I came home and it was on my front porch. If I ordered from Apple, though, I would print out the release form and put it out for them.

7. realjd macrumors newbie

If I'm expecting a package while I'm at work, I usually just tape a hand-written note to the door asking the delivery person to walk around and leave it on my back porch and include my signature.

8. wikoogle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wikoogle

Thank you guys, just taped a note above my door bell. Worked like a charm. I'm back home playing with my kickass new iphone. :D