Won't Charge after 5.1.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gpiney, May 8, 2012.

1. gpiney macrumors newbie

Yesterday I upgraded to 5.1.1.

Since then My 4S will not charge whether from the charger or USB from my iMac.
    Anyone else have this problem?????

2. limyh72 macrumors newbie

No problem

I've updated my iPhone 4S. No problem so far....

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I haven't had this issue. Maybe try using a different cord. Perhaps by coincidence the USB cord broke the day you upgraded.

If not you may have to try a Backup+Restore and if that doesn't work a full Restore.

4. trueliu macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 and having the same problem

I also upgraded to 5.1.1 a few days ago and now my iPhone 4 won't charge either. It eventually died and I went to the Apple Store they told me I needed a new phone, which is BS. I feel the upgrade to the 5.1.1 defiantly had to do something with it since I take GREAT care of my phone.

I ordered a replacement battery off ebay and waiting for it to come in. I am going to see if it is because my battery is shot

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

This has also been happening to me. Did a full restore and the problem persists. It only works if I plug in the iPhone directly. I used to use a hub, but after the 5.1.1 update it no longer charges.

6. trueliu macrumors newbie

@Roessnakhan

Roessnakhan do you have an iPhone 4 or 4s.. Has anyone arrived to any solutions yet?

7. STX macrumors newbie

yes and no

I upgraded yesterday it was fine, and this morning it did not charge.. and now its back to normal again.. I didn't have such experience before the update.. go figure.. :confused:

8. RenoG macrumors 65816

Ok I suppose I better hold off from updating at this time....

9. trueliu macrumors newbie

**Problem fixed***

So my battery came in today after not having a phone for a week. My iPhone has been dead and not been able to turn it on or charge. I changed the battery following these simple directions. I was surprised how easy it was. I ended just buying a replacement OEM battery with for only $6.25 on eBay.

I am so happy I do not have to buy a new iphone. The people at the Apple store told me I needed a new phone. Those people don't know ****. Just change your battery and reset everything and restore and everything will work normal again.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The people at the Apple store are never going to recommend you replace the battery yourself. That would be a pretty huge liability for them to do that. You effectively would have needed a "new" (refurb) phone if you went through them. Saying they don't know ish is a bit harsh. They gave you an answer that coincided with their policy.

11. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i upgraded my iPod touch 8gb october 2011 to 5.1.1 and now the battery charges faster!!!

12. applemagic123 macrumors regular

applemagic123

So if your battery charged just fine on 5.1 but not after upgrading to 5.1.1, why the heck would buying a new battery from ebay fix the problem?? Can someone answer?

13. Bhang macrumors member

Same issue here !!!

There are far too many people having their batteries go bad after 5.1.1 for it to be a coincidence. I'm seeing this all over the place. I don't know why replacing the battery would fix it. No idea there, but mine is doing the exact same damn thing. Anyone jailbreak theirs to see if going back to 5.1 fixes this problem?