Wont Connect To 3G or Other After Disconnecting From WIFI

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djRuffian, Nov 6, 2008.

1. djRuffian macrumors newbie

Ok, somthing ive noticed, im not sure if its just me or if it happens to everyone. If i have been connected to a WIFI connection and then i want to go back to the 3G network, if i click FORGET THIS NETWORK, the iphone wont connect to the 3G network, only way i know of to get it to connect to it, is to restart the phone.

Any ideas?

2. indycolts2k6 macrumors newbie

+2 for this problem!

+2 for this problem! I've got the same exact issue. After I've been on WiFi (which I am the majority of the day) and disconnect, I'm placed on the Edge network, not the 3G. However, if I reboot the phone, 3G works again.

I tried something last night and just disconnected WiFi altogether and have stayed on 3G ever since, so I know there's an issue there. Any ideas? No one ever replied to the original poster...

3. AntJon82 macrumors member

AntJon82

Same Problem

i have all those problems but i have no wifi n my area so im screwd n NOW I CANT EVEN UPLOAD VID TO YOUTUBE CAUSE EVERY TIME I TRY IT TELL ME CANT PUBLISH

4. WickedRabbit macrumors regular

Sounds like it could be a software issue with that. But, just out of curiosity, is there a reason that you're selecting "forget this network" as opposed to just shutting off the wi-fi? Mostly, I just turn the wi-fi off when I don't want to use it since it also saves battery and I don't think I've ever selected forget this network so I wouldn't know yet if the problem also exists on mine.