Won't you help buy Pastor Creflo Dollar's luxury private jet... for Jesus?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Mar 13, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Makes me all teary and want to crack open my wallet and help this poor preacher do good works.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/t...each-so-he-can-buy-65m-ministry-plane-135582/
    Popular televangelist and founder of World Changers Church International, Creflo Dollar, is now hoping to get 200,000 people to donate $300 each so he can buy a brand new luxurious $65 million Gulfstream G650 airplane for his ministry, which last year had billionaires reportedly waiting in line to get one.

An appeal on his website to fund the purchase of the multimillion dollar airplane noted that the appeal was triggered by a recent engine failure on his current carrier that could have resulted in a tragedy had it not been for his skillful pilot.

"The ministry's current airplane, was built in 1984, purchased by the ministry in 1999 and has since logged four million miles. Recently on an overseas trip to a global conference, one of the engines failed. By the grace of God, the expert pilot, who's flown with Creflo for almost 20 years, landed the plane safely without injury or harm to any passengers," said the appeal.

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

A fool and his money are easily parted. Religious folks are some of the most vulnerable victims of scams out there. Many Nigerian scammers target religious folks for that reason by luring them on sites like christian mingle.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Jesus walked or rode on a donkey. Creflo should take note. ;)

4. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

I just took a look at his web site. That is one creepy pastor. I did not believe his surname could be 'Dollar' But yes, just giving all charlatans a bad name.

KGB:cool:

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    Boy, he sure has the right name, doesn't he?!!!!

I wonder how many suckers will fall for this and dutifully send him the money?

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

This jackass could just buy a plane ticket like everyone else.

7. technosix macrumors 6502a

He's got Hussein's blessing, they're both Christian....

8. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Saddam Hussein is dead. And he was Muslim.

9. steve knight, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015

steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Won't you help buy Pastor Creflo Dollar's luxury private jet... for Jesus?

Sad but churches in the US pretty much what they want anymore. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426297042.389531.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426297052.894151.jpg

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

At least show some creativity. You're using someone's middle name rather than their actions to insinuate things. I don't think you could be any more passive aggressive.

11. 63dot, Mar 13, 2015

63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Nothing Jesus said applies to fundamentalists and mega-churches.

Being a Christian from a mainstream denomination, I tell people I am a Christian when people ask what my faith is and tell them it's Jesus we worship. Simple.

But from what I have seen of mega-churches in general, is that they say they are Born Again Christians or BAC when people ask as if the term Christian is not good enough. And then when you hear them talk about who they worship, there's little or no mention of this humble guy Jesus Christ, but always a total idol worship of some guy like mega-pastor, millionaire rockstars, and generally egotistical prima donnas like Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, or Jerry Falwell.

So when a mega-pastor asks for a Learjet, I am not surprised in the least.

12. samiwas macrumors 65816

I read this earlier. I drive by his house every day when I'm working at one of the studios here. It's just as ostentatious as you would think.

How can someone seriously purport to need the most luxurious jet in order to spread the name of Jesus to entire towns that would never make that amount in their collective lifetimes, and still preens that he's doing it for the people.

13. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

I also note that on the Wikipedia page there is an unsubstantiated entry that Dollar's birth name was Michael Smith.

KGB:cool:

14. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

But but anything in the name of jesus is ok. Just think hoe much they could help the post with that money. But the sad part is I doubt people would give nearly as much

15. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

It is not the love of Jesus the pastors, and many of those followers seek, but the love of money. See how rich the pastor is?...well, you can do it, too!

Money can have an incredibly powerful draw on a person and it's probably stronger than religion, politics, or sex when it comes to shaping long term human behavior and most human endeavors. Whether seen as good, bad, or indifferent concerning the love of money, that love of it is hard to refute as to being the main core of evil in our society.

16. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

17. A.Goldberg, Mar 13, 2015

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Sickening. $65,000,000 aircraft + pilot + maintenance + fuel + insurance.

Think of what his ministry could actually do with $65 million? That's not an negligible amount of money even if they have billions.

I'm sure he tells his "followers" that if they don't donate they're going to hell because they're restricting the word of the lord and savior jesus christ from being spread to every corner of the earth. Well Creflo, the word of the lord can be spread just fine using an economy class ticket that can take you just about anywhere for at the most, what, 2-3 thousand dollars?

Jesus did fine with a pair of sandals.

18. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

but jesus needs class. it used to be TV now it is jets.

19. technosix macrumors 6502a

Surely you know the cast of characters better than that... Perhaps not

----------

You're just now realizing you can't control everything...
    very revealing

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think Genesis (pun intended) addressed this back in 1991, and still holds true.

All that needs to be said about the matter.

BL.

21. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

What do you mean?

22. Meister Suspended

Meister

But he is right. How do you think Barry gets around?
    And the "donations" for his animosities are collected at gunpoint by law enforcement.
    Mister $ from this story is merely asking for donations and he is honest about it.

23. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I have a personal hatred of planes designed to accommodate one specific passenger, so you won't find any arguments from me there. As for the Pastor, I called him a jackass. I didn't highlight a portion of his name to speculate on his religious beliefs.

24. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

So honest he took the begging page down.

25. kendall69 macrumors regular

Who does this guy think he is?

Who does this guy think he is?....THE OBAMAS?
    Funny how the liberals think it's just perfect for a Liberal President to WASTE BILLIONS on vacations, or fund raising, BUT......OH NOOOOOOOOOO, when anyone else does it for the same lame reasons, THEN they get their panties in an uproar.
    Typical hypocrites.
    You know like WAR bad when Republicans are in office, Democrats in office = WAR GOOD.
    Water boarding horrendous when Republicans do it, but drones killing innocent kids...well you know that's just fine, not a problem.
    Nixon erases 18 minutes of a tape and the world comes to an end. Hillary makes millions of e-mails evaporate, what huh, why is everyone upset?