Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Woo Hoo! 10Gig iPod under tree!

Raiden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2002
Under the christmas tree was a 10 gig ipod! Im so happy! :) Anyone else get any Mac related christmas (or whatever holiday) gifts??

I have a question, Im going the the beach for new years, and for winter track, I will have to run alot, should I not run with the new iPod? What about walking? I dont want to damage the hardrive.

Thanks everyone!

mmoin

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2001
no problem at all

I run a fair amount (maybe 6-8 miles/week) and my 5 GB iPod works great while running, it almost never skips.

Raiden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2002
*high fives Billicus* :)

Thanks mmoin, I was just afraid the hardrive would mess up if you ran with it, but I guess im wrong. thanks :)

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Yeah the iPod has a 20 minute skip protection, so you can run all you want. That's one of the reasons I bought it, since my CD player had a pathetic 10 second skip protection... I ran to the other side of the house and it was already trippin.

irmongoose

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
since its holding 32MB of info in the RAM, your hard drive isnt getting accessed all that much. therefore the danger of damage is much less...

interesting you mention the cd-skip protection. i have a sony cdplayer with the 'g-protection' or whatever. it NEVER skips. i could run all day with it.

yzeater

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2002
I got a fiver! It was actually a present for me to share with my sister. I'm going to try to buy her out of her half. They're so cool!

merge

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2002
I hooked it up to my Car stereo for christmass

I recieved everything I need to use my iPod in my car...
I had an option for audio in on my stereo so I got the kit for christmass... and wired it up...

I know you can do this without wires... but I am a sound snob... I need the best possible sound quality... running through my stereo...

It is awesome...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.