Woo-hoo! Just upgraded from a Rev A MB to a new 15" MB, and it didn't cost that much!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattcube64, Jul 2, 2009.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

So, I purchased a Rev A, Core Duo Macbook about three years ago. This past semester in school, I was beginning to realize it was about time to upgrade. Unfortunately, the funds just weren't there. You know, college is EXPENSIVE :eek:

But, as summer came around, I knew it wasn't gonna last me that long. So, I listed my Macbook on Craigslist, and found a buyer offering $550. I went ahead and took it.

I went several weeks while I waited for the right deal. The $1350 MBP-refurb was a bit out of my price range, especially since I felt like I'd be getting so much more with the $1450 model.

I was pretty set on getting a 13" MBP, and figured I could sell the iPod and printer to help fund the computer. However, I was kind of disappointed not to get the 9600.

But then I found out a fellow poster on another board was looking to unload her 15" 2.53Ghz, 4GB, 320GB late 2008 MBP. I scraped together all my pennies, and she accepted my $1150 offer! She was great to work with, and very nice. She shipped the computer, free, with 2-day Fed Ex. In addition, she threw in an extra battery, and a Speck case!! :D

I've been working a lot, and haven't had a lot of time to mess with it. And yeah, it's not as much fun getting something used as it is new. And, I'm still worried I'm gonna realize there's something terribly wrong with it. But, as it stands right now, I'm VERY happy. It's in great condition, and minus a couple small software kinks (I assume), it works great!

So, at the end of the day, I spent $600 to upgrade to this computer, and got a free battery and case to go with it. And it's treating me great thus far!

Sorry for my little story. I'm sure it's a bore. But, I just can't help to share! :p

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats on your deal!
    It is always good to hear when things go well instead of in the toilet!

I hope it serves you well over the years and you get a lot of use out of it!
    And good luck in school!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...congrats, get applecare on that machine if it doesn't already have it (and update your sig)...

4. mattcube64 thread starter macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Lol... I *just* updated it! :D

Yeah, I definitely will. Right now it has it's standard warranty left until January. As soon as I have some extra funds, I'll be buying it. :)