Woodland Hills Mall, Tulsa OK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by toxthexnines, Jun 22, 2010.

1. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

Anyone in the Tulsa area meeting up at Woodland Hills?

2. tlachis918 macrumors newbie

Well we all have since AT&T isn't selling any walk iPhone 4's till the 29th. Ill be at the Apple Store around 1AM Thursday morning.

3. wildfire723 macrumors newbie

Has anyone talked to the Apple Store if the mall will let people in early or what time they will allow lines to start inside the mall?

4. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

I'll be there. Not sure how early, yet. Anyone confirmed with the store that they'll have white? My local Wal-Mart here in Stillwater said they have a couple of them so I imagine the Apple Store would have some.

5. tlachis918 macrumors newbie

As said by Apple Representative:

Woodland Hills Mall will open at 5AM. Thats when people will start forming outside the Apple Store. And as far as the white iPhone 4, they don't have any in stock and won't know when they will have some in stock.

So if you want an iPhone 4 get there around 3 or 4 AM.

6. toxthexnines thread starter macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I'll more than likely be there around midnight or so to get a decent spot. Did the same for the 3G release and was in the top 10 people.

I'm definitely bringing a few things to make the wait slightly easier. Let me know if you plan on going up there around the same time so we can meet up or something.

7. Rommel182 macrumors newbie

Coming To Tulsa

I live in Fayetteville, Ark and I am planning on coming to Tulsa now because do not want to deal with Walmart and although I pre-order at Best Buy and was number 4 they called me today and told me they would not have the 32gb but as soon as they get some in with no ETA they would let me know. Apparently they were letting people order 5 at a time so that is why I missed out on mine. I figured I would go to Tulsa becasue there is a Apple Store there. Would be cool to meet up with someone so I know what I am doing

8. Rommel182 macrumors newbie

No White

They will not have white, so your that walmart store is misinformed. I am drivng to go the Apple Store in Tulsa Tonight.

9. DJCobol macrumors newbie

I'm in town on business. I plan on being there around 4 am to get in line. I have a reservation, so hopefully I'll get a phone and it wont take too long.

10. brendan09 macrumors newbie

Tulsa

I too am driving in from Arkansas tonight. I talked to the apple store people on the phone and they said that anyone lining up on the malls property prior to 5am will be run-off with force by security. So I figure I will show up about 5:15 or so... Not wanting to scare anyone off, but that's what they told me over the phone. Based on some other things they mentioned, I think they are expecting to have enough phones to atleast fill the requests of people who line up early.

If anyone hears anything else, I'm listening!

Thanks!

11. Rommel182 macrumors newbie

IPHONE 4 Here I Come

:D

Awseome and thanks for the information. I am driving up for Arkansas as well. Fayetteville to be exact.

12. brendan09 macrumors newbie

Awesome! Me and a couple friends are driving in from Alma.

13. TaylorB macrumors regular

I'm coming from Fayetteville also. All the AT&T stores around here are chaotic and none of them have the same answer. Some told me Apple wouldn't be serving first come first serve customers, others said Apple Stores would only be doing pre-orders tomorrow. See you in Tulsa!

Edit: By the way, called the Woodland Hills store twice just to confirm and they said that we are allowed to be in our vehicles until 5AM when we are allowed to form a line then the store will open at 7AM. Hope everyone else has heard the same!

14. tlachis918 macrumors newbie

Is that better than just lining up outside the mall? I think lining up outside the mall would be more efficient than staying in your vehicle till 5.

Correction: Sorry I didn't security was going to throw you off the property if you line up, but yeah. I plan to be in the top 10 in line.

15. TaylorB macrumors regular

I don't think its the best idea either.. at 5 or whenever there is going to be a rush of people all running so I don't think its the best idea but I plan to be there plenty early just in case.

16. tlachis918 macrumors newbie

What time do you plan to be there? So we can meet up or something?

17. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I have a reservation so I probably won't go over to the mall until around 6 in the morning.

18. toxthexnines thread starter macrumors regular

toxthexnines

It was the same rules for the past releases but i've always showed up around 1ish just waited either in my car or just wait till one or two people show up by the doors and i just wait with them.

Mall security at Woodlands usually isn't too bad. But i'll definitely roll into Tulsa around midnight anyways. I live 30 minutes north so i'll be by there to see if there is any line.

19. wildfire723 macrumors newbie

How was Woodland Hills this morning? I was going to go but last night what a coincidence Apple sent me shipping confirmation for my iPhone 4 so I decided to just wait for it. I'm curious how long the lines were and if they had many phones to sell for walk ins.

20. tlachis918 macrumors newbie

Woodland Hills was a disaster.. Pissed off people and pissed off security guards. Parking at Woodland Hills was not permitted till 4AM, doors of the mall didn't open till 530AM and the Apple Store opened at 7AM. The wait was awful, Pre-Orders went first before walk-ins, at a constant rate of 40:1(40 Pre-orders and 1 walk-in). Most walk-ins didn't get there iPhones till after 10AM.

IT WAS A DISASTER..!

21. wildfire723 macrumors newbie

Figured it would be interesting, how many people did it look like were in line for pre-orders and for walk ins? Did you ever hear how many phones they had for walk ins? just curious.

At least my last iPhone experience was pretty good when I bought my 3g 2 years ago, got it a week later, drove down and got there at 7am, I was 5th in line, they opened at 9am on a Saturday, had my phone and making calls with it before 10am, it wasn't too bad, BIG LINE even a week later, people in line were talking about going to OKC the day before trying to score a phone and didn't.

22. tlachis918 macrumors newbie

For pre-orders I'm going to say about 1000 and for walk-ins less 1400. And as we speak there is still a line at the Apple Store. And as far as quantity, Apple didn't confirm anything but rumors were 2000 units for walk-ins and the pre-orders had there own units that led up to about 1500. To sum it up.. Woodland Hills Apple Store had about 3000 units.

23. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

With the reservation I got to the mall at 5:50 AM. I was in the store just after 7 AM and was checked out at 7:45 AM.

It was a very smooth iPhone launch for the reservations. But for everyone else it was a mess.

24. wildfire723 macrumors newbie

Glad all of you got your phones :) I wished I would have just reserved one now rather then preorder through the Apple Store, I'd have it rather then it getting here on Tuesday, oh well, I'll live :)