Woot! New Moko Sport band colors shipping!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Chip NoVaMac, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I have posted here and on Amazon just how how happy I have been with the Moko sport bands. I already have their black, green, salmon, and light blue bands. This week or so I will be getting a new band every few days or so. The yellow, red, orange, darker blue, and mint green. While I have the five Wearlizer leather loop bands as well, I really like the sport style bands for everyday wear.

2. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

I hope their new colors are available in 38mm soon!

3. doboy macrumors 68000

The new colors, except for yellow, seem little muted. Looks pastel. Upload pics once you get them.

4. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Will do, so far the colors seemed close enough. I was concerned about the salmon (pink) color but it works for me. Just hope the red is red, not like my red leather loop Wearlizer that is more red-orange. I ordered even with the pics, they will work for me....

5. doboy macrumors 68000

There is always Strapped & Co red sports band.

6. Advil macrumors 6502a

ordered my yellow one the 24th... still nothin :(

7. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

I keep seeing mention of the orange, but I don't see the orange at all on Amazon. Is it no longer available?

8. doboy macrumors 68000

Orange and indigo seems to be missing. Keep checking and it should be available again.

9. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Advil, where you at? I also ordered on the 24th and received it (in SC, USA) on Sept. 4th.

10. Advil macrumors 6502a

I'm in dallas texas

11. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Placed my order for the yellow on on 9/5 and got it today. The rest of the colors were ordered on 9/7 and the mint green is due tomorrow. The red one on Friday. The orange and indigo middle of next week. image.jpg

12. craigmadge macrumors newbie

I'm very tempted by these but is there a concern in the type of silicone used and its safety as opposed to the official ones. Is there a long term risk in using these plastics?

13. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Hope you get yours soon!
    I don't believe there is any evidence of these bands causing any health issues, and since the Apple watch was just released months ago, I don't see how a long term test can be run on these specific bands. That being said, many people have used like materials in many other watch brands for many years without problems (with few exceptions, of course). My personal outlook; what doesn't kill me will only make me stronger

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The yellow looks sharp, I may jump on that.

I ordered the red one but I'm finding that the pin can pop out a little easier then the apple branded model. Has anyone else come across that? Its not come off while I wear the watch, but I noticed it can pop out of the hole as I'm putting it on my wrist.
    IMG_1012.png

15. Skorpio macrumors 6502

Skorpio

Yes, I have noticed that issue. I'm sure the thinness and softer material contributes to it. It has been worse for my daily driver black MOKO since I use it for work where I get sweaty and some oils on it.
    Still, it has saved me from using my $50 OEM black band at work that would be trashed and peeled. However, this type of band shows that the Apple bands are physically engineered well.
    What I do to keep the MOKO in the hole as I'm tucking it in is to either put it in a higher hole to temporarily make it tighter, slip the end in, then slide the pin back into normal hole, or try to put a pinky under the band to keep it tight while pin is in hole while tucking.

16. jaymc macrumors regular

jaymc

I've got most of the Moko bands and have not had any problems with the pin coming loose.

17. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

The pin broke on mine after 2 days, the replacement broke in 2 weeks. Tried a different supplier from eBay, better fit but one side could work loose and slide out.