Word of caution to Verizon iPhone owners interested in Otterbox

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LincolnsiPod, Feb 23, 2011.

1. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

I received a Otterbox Defender for the Verizon iPhone and was surprised that all they did was take an AT&T case and slightly dremel out the portion coming in contact with the mute button. Even then the mute button still appears to be touching the side. It's definitely not centered like I expected it to be, the way it's shown on the AT&T models.

Attached are two images to show you what I mean. I can still work the mute button but it's clearly hugging the side there. Something to keep in mind if you have a V-iPhone and have been looking at the Otterbox Defenders.

Attached Files:

2. Ach111es macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I Noticed there was literally no difference in the fit of the commuter on the AT&T or the Verizon iPhone.

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

That has to be the old AT&T only version because I have had both and my Verizon Defender (aka the one for both) definitely has room under the ringer switch.

Attached Files:

4. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

They clearly indicated that my case would be compatible with the Verizon version. I think I'm one of the ones who got a rushed fix before they started releasing cases that fit the ringer switch better.

5. patp Guest

you should return it, ask them to pay for return shipping and send you a new one case that fits as advertised. That is totally unacceptable quality for this kind of product.

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Man I have had great Customer service experience with Otterbox. Call them at 888-695-8820 and tell them whats going on and I'd bet anything they send you a new one. alicia.mcmillan@otterbox.com is who helps me.

7. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, already sent them an email. We'll see what happens. :D

8. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

otter box has excellent customer service they will fix the problem for you, i have had problems with cracked cases and stuff before and they replaced no questions asked.

9. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Got a response, along a few more pics for the Verizon version of the Otterbox case that indicates where the mute switch should wind up. Note how they all hug the side. Support assured me that none of the mute switches will be centered and will appear that way on all the cases for Verizon phones.

To me it's really no big deal, but I thought it's something people should be aware of.

Attached Files: