Work Email

LondonIce

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
Hi all,
I just got my new iPhone 4S, and am considering having it linked with my employer's Microsoft Exchange server so I can get work email without lugging around a separate BlackBerry. Does anyone know if doing this has an adverse impact on the phone's performance? I average about 100 emails received every day.

I'm grandfathered into an unlimited plan, so I'm not worried about data usage. I just want to make sure I don't bog my phone down if I get lots of email.

Thanks!

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I did the same thing with my work email, set up as an exchange account. Never had any trouble with it. I worse very well.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Does anyone know if doing this has an adverse impact on the phone's performance?
You'd be the best person to answer the question. How has it been performing after adding the Exchange account? Impact should be negligible.

mrmoonlite

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2011
No problem with mine either. Works great and really no big jump in data usage, as it will not download attachements unless you click on them.

sdmcwilliams

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2010
I have had mine hooked up through work through Microsoft Exchange and it works great. I love having my email, calendar and contacts all synced. I just wish it would sync my notes.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
IMO, what affects battery life is how often you have your iPhone set to check your Exchange account. "Push" probably has the most impact. You can scale it back if you need to.