Work Email

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LondonIce, Jan 18, 2012.

1. LondonIce macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I just got my new iPhone 4S, and am considering having it linked with my employer's Microsoft Exchange server so I can get work email without lugging around a separate BlackBerry. Does anyone know if doing this has an adverse impact on the phone's performance? I average about 100 emails received every day.

I'm grandfathered into an unlimited plan, so I'm not worried about data usage. I just want to make sure I don't bog my phone down if I get lots of email.

Thanks!

2. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

I can't seem to think it will change the performance of your iPhone.

You should be fine.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I did the same thing with my work email, set up as an exchange account. Never had any trouble with it. I worse very well.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You'd be the best person to answer the question. How has it been performing after adding the Exchange account? Impact should be negligible.

5. eba macrumors regular

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

the phone was made to receive lots of email

7. mrmoonlite macrumors newbie

No problem with mine either. Works great and really no big jump in data usage, as it will not download attachements unless you click on them.

8. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

I have had mine hooked up through work through Microsoft Exchange and it works great. I love having my email, calendar and contacts all synced. I just wish it would sync my notes.

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, what affects battery life is how often you have your iPhone set to check your Exchange account. "Push" probably has the most impact. You can scale it back if you need to.