Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

midloman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Midllothian, VA
When I do a workout with the Watch and save it, it seems to take a while for it to transfer to the Activity Monitor (and the Health App) so I can see it. It seems like it takes as long as 15-30 minutes before I can see it.

Is there a trick to getting the workout to transfer over? On the Garmin I had before, the workout would transfer pretty much as soon as I tapped Save on the watch.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I open the Health app and look at the HR data. Once that refreshes, the Workout data usually follows. I'm not sure if it's actually helping or is just a coincidence.

Lord Egregious

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
It is really sporadic for me sometimes too. I swear I went all of April and it was always there immediately but since May when I've been using 6/7 days, sometimes it doesn't have anything past when I start the workout.

I also find that going into health and looking at HR data points seems to make it force update and then update everything. I've only had to do this a couple times but it is annoying because I like to open MyFitnessPal after a workout to let the workout sync over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.