"Workspace" app. true multi-tasking on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by robinmaddison, Sep 10, 2012.

1. robinmaddison, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

robinmaddison macrumors newbie

hey guys,
    my small design studio just launched a crowdfunding project. It's for a cross-platform app called "Workspace", which allows you to multi-task.

take a look at the video and see if it appeals to you. Even small $5 contributions are greatly appreciated.

http://www.indiegogo.com/emeraldworkspace?a=1229944

[​IMG]

2. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

Interesting concept..

Some questions..
    1: You'll need to jailbreak your iPad to do anything using this..am I right?
    If so, this should go to the iOS Hacks forum.

2: What exactly are these "paid" widgets that you are talking about?

3: How is the multiple platform thing going to work? Is that what the widgets are about..that you can only have some fixed widgets made by you that work over there?
    In that case, the iPad notes wouldn't be the real notes stored in the iPad Notes.app, but rather a seperate notes app made by you.

I might be wrong on number 3, so do explain.

4: You need to edit your description on IndieGoGo, you have "kickstarter" written all over it.

3. robinmaddison thread starter macrumors newbie

It won't require jailbreaking.

Within the app, which is a four pane web browser, we'll have a downloadable content store. From there we'll sell additional windows like notes, weather, calculator etc etc. In the video we use Apple's icon but yes, we would be writing the notepad ourselves.

Some of the windows like notes, email, and browser will be in an HTML5 web app format. You'll be able to drop what your doing on your iPad copy of Workspace, then have the windows restored on the iMac.

Hope that answered the questions -- and thanks :p we'll touch up the description.