World Bank: 0WNED - The Breaching of their Digital Fortress

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cleverboy, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,435681,00.html
    Um... who else thinks this is more than a bit disturbing? Sounds like a whirlwind of bad press for the World Bank is about to hit the wires.

~ CB

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Perfect timing eh? :rolleyes:

What I am curious about is considering how many attacks originate in China, does the Chinese government actually investigate/prosecute? Cause I never hear of them doing anything like that.

3. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

They haven't got a clue who's behind this, the group of IP address's gives no evidence about the origin of the "attacks".

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

To deny the possibility that this was the Chinese secret service is to deny reason, I think. If China was the source.

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I wasn't denying the possibility that some part of the Chinese state is behind it just pointing out that they don't know, it's every bit as possible that some part of the US state is behind it.

6. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Certainly they'd both love the opportunity to have a poke around. What country wouldn't?

Frightening times.

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I understand, but I was talking about attacks in general that have been coming over here from over there recently.

8. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I think it's a bit naive to assume these sorts of methods are only used by the Chinese, I'm sure that the do use them but so do most other states with powerful intelligence services,the French being particularly pissed off about US methods in this field.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

The Internet is but another front in the ongoing war between cultures.

I am highly suspicious of any country that says "We don't know what is going on!!"

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I wonder what kind of information they had access too...

11. Cleverboy thread starter macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    I know it's Faux News, but you should read the article. Like most things, I had Alex read it to me... It goes on to detail that they had access to "everything", including certain timescales and decisions that would determine the shift if world markets... It's daunting.

~ CB

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Right, I saw that... I mean what specifically are they alleged to have seen. Whose contracts? Whose meeting agendas, and what subjects? But it sounds like that's under pretty tight wraps right now, and probably would not be divulged publicly even if it wasn't.

The WB isn't even admitting they have a breach yet...