World Class Journalist Spills the Beans, Admits Mainstream Media is Completely Fake

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Mar 30, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

4. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Yup, so are yours.:cool:

5. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

so will it stop you from posting news articles?

6. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Nope, I will always post articles to entertain you.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

so Trump didn't really win ANY of those primaries the MSM reported he won..........those reports were all just MSM fake reports!!!

8. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Kind of short sighted understanding of how govt propaganda works.. but carry on !.

9. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

everyone has a bias (unfortunately) but whats really fake is the validity of all the threads you make

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

lol....well you did say "completely"......certainly you meant what you said :p

11. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

It's no secret that ALL COUNTRIES have use propaganda to influence wars. Someone was just complaining about Israels ability to censor articles. Whether than be censoring information directly, fabricating material, or strategicly controlling what journalists can and cannot see, in addition to standards of what the can and cannot write. The fact of the matter the media has a tremendous influence on wars and controlling information is important.

The Gulf War coverage is notorious for having been censored by US Military. Reporters were confined and controlled where they could go and who they could talk to. The Vietnam War offered supposedly full freedom of press and ultimately is believed to have negatively influenced Americans' perception and outcome. They'd offer free transportation of reporters they deemed sympathetic to the war to the gulf. America claimed in the era of evolving instant communication it was necessary to control information so it was not compromised.

Even news articles of non-military/government issued end up having alternate endings based on missing evidence because the journalist/network are trying to send an intended message. We all know I believe NBC deliberately altered the 911 call of George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin Case.

NBC broadcast transcript:
    Dispatcher: "Ok and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks like he's up to no good, he's black"

Actual transcript:
    Zimmerman: "Hey we've had some break in in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh it's Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about."

Dispatcher: "Ok, and is this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?"

Zimmerman: "He looks black."

And there's a whole story of NBC completet remixing and arranging this 911 phone, in addition to proving false captions to change the meaning.

(I'm not looking for a George Zimmerman Guilty/Innocent debate, just pointing out the media manipulation)

So this is all no shocking surprise.

12. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Unknown German journalist tells Russian propaganda arm that the media is bought according to article from fly-by-night Canadian website.

Interesting.

Okay, who is Dr. Udo Ulfkotte? Ah, apparently, he's a 9/11 Truther, who once called Muslim immigrants "locusts," and once argued that President Obama had ordered bibles to be burned.

What interesting about the OP is not the ramblings of some German guy, but that people have such a poor understanding of sourcing that someone thought this "article" might prove something.

13. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Hey don't ruin it I am having too much fun with it. I never thought it was worth the effort to check it out thanks for the effort.

14. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I remember watching interviews with this guy a few years ago. Incorrect to say mainstream media is completely false, because that is false. But CIA has tentacles throughout media and academia.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's pretty shocking.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

That not the whole story, now, is it. :rolleyes:

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The original interview was on RT. That's the first clue that what this guys says should be ignored.

19. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Why? Former CIA/NSA agents are quite frequently interviewed on RT.

President Reagan’s Fmr. Sr. CIA Analyst Ray McGovern, for example:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ray+McGovern+RT

20. thewap, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016

thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

What is interesting to me is to look at alternative information sources to compare to the usual non investigative biased memes and opinions of the MSM media, then try form my own opinion rather than towing the cognitive dissonance line.

Maybe you should list what you consider appropriate "sources" so that anyone you wish to have discussion with follows your narrow set of standards and biased point of view.

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."
    - William Casey, Reagan's CIA Director and fellow communist sympathizer (based on all the support Reagan gave China with MFN status, allowing missile guidance systems to be sold there, other corruption because only communists are corrupt, etc...)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 31, 2016 ---
    In other words, support fringe wackjob lunatic media because they're not professional outlets?

Kinda like people damning career politicians, voting in inexperienced, and then blaming their coddling the career politicians as an act of being inexperienced.

22. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Like I mentioned, people who are not open to or label alternative sources of info as "fring, wackjob, lunatic etc.." should really not partake in conversations outside their "safe space".

23. A.Goldberg, Mar 31, 2016

A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

RT stands for Russia Today and is owned by the Russian Government. RT while may offer a different perspective, has a history of controversy.

"RT has been called a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[10][11][12] and its foreign policy[10][13][12][14] by news reporters,[15]including former RT reporters.[16][17][18] It has also been accused of spreading disinformation.[19][20][21][22] The United Kingdom media regulator Ofcom has repeatedly found RT to have breached rules on impartiality and of broadcasting "materially misleading" content.[23][24][25] The network states that it offers a Russian perspective on global events.[3]"

All news stations clearly have bias, but I'm not sure a news network, owned by the Russian government, that specifically targets everyone outside of Russia (available in English, Spanish, and Arabic) Obviously raises some concerns. Not saying it's a useless channel, but as it applies to all outlets I take it with a grain of salt and get my news from various sources.

Here's some more on the US Military Gulf War Censorship:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_coverage_of_the_Gulf_War

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/05/05/w...-gulf-war-news-censorship.html?pagewanted=all

24. Meister, Mar 31, 2016

Meister Suspended

Meister

Cenk, one of the founders of Tyt, was also told that he has to report what the washington establishment tells him to.

When he refused NBC fired his ass.

But his reputation wasn't destroyed, because he is not a threat to them.