World of Goo app for sale $.99

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Stirolak123, Feb 10, 2011.

1. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

just got it. i feel sorry for those who felt for the 3.99€ sale (don't know how many dollars).

2. EmmEff macrumors regular

I bought it at full price and even at $0.99, it's not worth it. I don't understand the appeal of this game... Angry Birds, Cut The Rope, Plants vs. Zombies, et al. are way more fun.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Isn't it normally $9.99? That's an amazing deal. Probably my favorite indie game, it's ingenious.

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Have to disagree with you there.

I think World of Goo makes Angry Birds look like a freebie flash game knocked up by a kid in his bedroom.

World of Goo looks and feels like a professionally written game, which it is, and has been perfectly ported to the iPad.

I have all the games you mentioned and got bored with them all as there is nothing too them. The type of games you play for a few moments waiting for the bus.

I'd rate World of Goo as one of the most professional looking games currently out for the iPad.

5. mootonandy macrumors newbie

I tried the demo of this on my laptop and I didn't really see why people like it so much. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a fair go. I will probably just buy it though if it's only 99 cents, it must be good if so many people say it is and it gets such good reviews.

6. Colgin macrumors member

I had been very curious to try this game but was put off by $9.99 price tag without any opportunity to try out a free light version. Just jumped and bought at the $.99 price and am looking forward to checking it out after work tonight. Thanks for the headsup.

7. EmmEff macrumors regular

As I'm sure most people would... I'm really not much of a gamer. I'm bored with every one of those games I mentioned too. Leo Laporte raved about World of Goo and I don't find it the the least bit entertaining.

8. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I have it on my computer at home and don't play it much but I can see a lot thought went into it. It was part of a Macheist or MacUpdate bundle deal years ago. It is now showing $4.99 as the price.