World of warcraft FPS on a Macbook Pro 13" 2.26ghz+2.53ghz

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by iTechInfo, Feb 24, 2010.

1. iTechInfo macrumors newbie

iTechInfo

hey guys im thinking of buying a macbook pro 13 inch for mainly playing world of warcraft but also surfing the net and was just wondering what the fps on wow is with the two models (2.26ghz 2gb ram 160gb hdd ) and (2.53 4gb ram 250gb hdd) when just on wow nothing else and when on wow and surfing the net watch youtube vids at the same time.

Hi guys i know this is a bit of a silly question but i was just wondering if anyone knows what fps you can get on an ibook g3 800-900mhz

Hi guys i was just wondering if anyone knew the fps you get in world of warcraft with a 1.6ghz macbook air with the nvidia 9400m graphics card (this laptop does exist) and also what you get with the 1.86ghz 128gb ssd drive and the macbook air 1.8ghz 120gb hdd

Cheers James

2. Mightyred macrumors newbie

Hi,

I cant help exactly with that model, I have just got the 15 in 2.66 with 4 mb ram.

My obervations whilst playing WoW on it exclusively this last week whilst my IMac was away being unyellowed is that :

with the 9400M chip in use fps was pretty decent at arund 50-60 (with average video settings), I'm sure you can get better if you have the detail tured down further - but that spoils the game fo rme.

The only thing I think, is that you will find the 13 inch screen small for playing for any length of time particularly if you play in a window.

Otherwise I have been very pleasantly surprised at how well it has performed.

I can't speak for your other questions!

Regards

Sara

3. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

I used to run WOW on a 1ghz g4 ibook and it didnt run that well. I had to set up a user account just for WOW so nothing else was running and set everything down low. The framerate was ok in areas that weren't too busy.

On a g3 ibook..... I dont think you stand much of a chance to be honest. Sorry.

4. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I agree, it would be painful if it even installed. I think the video ram was less than 32mb on those old iBooks.. It might melt the casing ;)

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

WoW FPS is very dependant on where you are.
    MY old Powerbook G4 (1.5GHz) managed to reach 30ish in Elwynn Forrest, but about 10 in Shattrath. I don't have it anymore, but I suppose it would do 2-3 FPS in Dalaran.

With a 900Mhz G3, be prepared to get numbers that are significantly lower that that.

I would say that past vanilla wow (lvl1-60) it won't be playable at all.

6. migsev macrumors regular

Get the 2.26 model then, not from Apple, buy 4gb of ram and a 7200rpm hard drive. It'll still come out cheaper than the 2.53 model and it should be enough for your needs.

7. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

I have the 2.53GHz 13 Pro with 4GB and a 500GB HDD. WOW burning crusade runs fine on it (I haven't upgraded to lich king yet)

8. nph macrumors 6502a

If I remember correctly I believe I got 42fps on my 1.86 SSD. I know I was pleasantly surprised after what I read here on the performance with games in some cases.:)