World Weather Watch for Mac - Time and Weather in Your Menu Bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tiwizard, Feb 5, 2011.

1. tiwizard, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

tiwizard macrumors regular

World Weather Watch combines the power of a customizable world clock with city-level weather forecasts for every major region around the globe. The appliction sits in your menu bar, and with one click you can view the time, weather, and forecast for all of your chosen cities. For each city there is a realistic and dynamic weather graphic that shows you the current weather. In addition to colorful bars representing the sunrise and sunset, a moon icon indicates the accurate moon phase during the nights. If you hover over one of your cities a larger, more detailed image of the current condition appears with a full three day forecast. This is an excellent application to quickly see the current time and weather conditions for friends, family or business associates located anyplace in the world.

[​IMG]

You can view more information on the official website:

http://wizardapps.net/worldweatherwatch

Want a promo code? They are available on the official webpage listed above.

If you would like to directly purchase the application on the Mac App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/world-weather-watch/id416359456?mt=12

2. WildGuess macrumors regular

3. tiwizard thread starter macrumors regular

What does the error say? It's up from my end.

4. WildGuess macrumors regular

Your request could not be completed. Not available in US store.

5. WildGuess macrumors regular

6. tiwizard, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

tiwizard thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, the link that used to open the App Store app opens iTunes right now. I'll look into it.

EDIT:

Let me know how it works for you and send me an email if you encounter any problems!

EDIT 2:
    Fixed it-- turns out it needed an mt=12 at the end of the URL. Thanks for letting me know!

7. WildGuess macrumors regular

Works great. Hard to see the small white print on dropdown.

8. tiwizard thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your feedback. I'll look into ways to make it more readable on the clouds.

9. tiwizard thread starter macrumors regular

I added about ten more promo codes to the random pool at the official website. I am also working on an update and considering allowing users to change text and shadow color-- is this something you guys are interested to make the text more readable?

10. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Hi, I bought your app the other day and think it's pretty cool. But, yeah, the ability to change text and shadow color would help visibility; especially since folks have different color wallpapers.

11. tiwizard thread starter macrumors regular

Ok, great to hear :)

I'll plan to add in color pickers to an update for changing the shadow and color of the text.

12. tiwizard thread starter macrumors regular

New version submitted with the ability to change the shadow and text color. It should be available soon! There are still promo codes available at the official site as well:

http://wizardapps.net/worldweatherwatch