World's most dangerous terrorist...?

jedione12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 16, 2005
I used to think the answer to this was Bin Laden, but after reading an article called "The Brain" (playboy's june issue), I switched my opinion to Khalid Shieikh Mohammed. Does anyone else agree with me? This guy was the mastermind behind so many terrorist attacks (incl. 9/11) that it made my head spin. It was also surprising to read that he received his bachelor's degree here in the States, with classmates describing him as a "class clown". Simply crazy, and scary when you think about it.

Thoughts or opinions?

Steve

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
jedione12 said:
with classmates describing him as a "class clown". Simply crazy, and scary when you think about it
This is what happens when you get too involved in fundamentalism. Things change, you change, you become right, they become infidels, etc. etc. And I'm not just including religion ones. this is why I never go into the political forums.

wozzlewoozle

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2005
sarkoland
the US government is likely one of the most dangerous terrorists/terrorist organizations.

terrorist |?ter?rist|
noun a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims.

DERIVATIVES terroristic |?ter??ristik|
adjective terroristically
adverb ORIGIN late 18th cent.: from French terroriste, from Latin terror (see terror ). The word was originally applied to supporters of the Jacobins in the French Revolution, who advocated repression and violence in pursuit of the principles of democracy and equality.

MBHockey

macrumors 68040
Oct 4, 2003
New York
Are you seriously getting your current events information from Playboy?

How did everyone overlook that fact?

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
MBHockey said:
Are you seriously getting your current events information from Playboy?

How did everyone overlook that fact?
What are the good alternatives these days?

Unfortunately there is no link to the article. But if it is well researched and uses credible sources of information, I'm willing to consider it.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
Xtremehkr said:
What are the good alternatives these days?

Unfortunately there is no link to the article. But if it is well researched and uses credible sources of information, I'm willing to consider it.
At least it proves you don't just look at the pictures...
:)

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
jedione12 said:
I used to think the answer to this was Bin Laden, but after reading an article called "The Brain" (playboy's june issue), I switched my opinion to Khalid Shieikh Mohammed. Does anyone else agree with me? This guy was the mastermind behind so many terrorist attacks (incl. 9/11) that it made my head spin. It was also surprising to read that he received his bachelor's degree here in the States, with classmates describing him as a "class clown". Simply crazy, and scary when you think about it.

Thoughts or opinions?
I had heard that before as well.

OBL is a fundraiser and rabble rouser. Probably a reasonable field commander. He probably lacks the truly deviant mind needed to plan things like 9/11.

MBHockey

macrumors 68040
Oct 4, 2003
New York
Which doesn't say much...

Fox new is a joke, c'mon guys.

How about publicly funded news sources? Any TV "news" is simply for entertainment purposes, as they are funded by advertisers. Since they hold the money, they also get a huge say in what gets aired.

This turns tv news into nothing more than tabloid entertainment, since most people in this country care more about useless crap like who Britney Spears' latest boyfriend is -- and they can't even name the head of the UN.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
MBHockey said:
How about publicly funded news sources? Any TV "news" is simply for entertainment purposes, as they are funded by advertisers. Since they hold the money, they also get a huge say in what gets aired.
I am not sure what advantage there is to publicly funded news since that makes it beholden to the government perspective.

MBHockey said:
This turns tv news into nothing more than tabloid entertainment, since most people in this country care more about useless crap like who Britney Spears' latest boyfriend is -- and they can't even name the head of the UN.
Just remember though that the National Enquirer broke the story on Clinton perjuring himself.