Worn spot in middle of Apple Watch screen coating, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Apr 2, 2017.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

After almost two years of use, I've got a nice worn spot in the middle of the watch screen, which I assume is the oleophobic coating. Anyone else have this?

My question is this. Should I reapply the coating kit found on Amazon by Fusso to the screen as is, or should I use alcohol to remove the rest of the original coating, then reapply. Or should I just use alcohol to remove the original coating to get rid of the spot on the screen and just call it a day.

Crystal Armor Fusso Cell Phone Fingerprint Oleophobic Coating Kit 3ml from Japan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LKYW6M0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_w8r4ybG0XAFH4

[​IMG]

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

First I would use isopropyl alcohol and remove and remnants of the old coating and see if that is the problem. Then you could reapply a new coating if you want. I don't much care for it.

4. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

I agree with Julien. The oleophobic coating is likely worn in that specific area. Rubbing alcohol first, then you could reapply the oleophobic coating if you desire. I think the display would be more restored than what it is now.