Worn spot in middle of Apple Watch screen coating, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dictoresno, Apr 2, 2017.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

Apr 30, 2012
    After almost two years of use, I've got a nice worn spot in the middle of the watch screen, which I assume is the oleophobic coating. Anyone else have this?

My question is this. Should I reapply the coating kit found on Amazon by Fusso to the screen as is, or should I use alcohol to remove the rest of the original coating, then reapply. Or should I just use alcohol to remove the original coating to get rid of the spot on the screen and just call it a day.

Crystal Armor Fusso Cell Phone Fingerprint Oleophobic Coating Kit 3ml from Japan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LKYW6M0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_w8r4ybG0XAFH4

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Mar 12, 2014
    Jacksonville, Florida
  3. Julien macrumors G4

Jun 30, 2007
    First I would use isopropyl alcohol and remove and remnants of the old coating and see if that is the problem. Then you could reapply a new coating if you want. I don't much care for it.
  4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

Jul 12, 2016
    I agree with Julien. The oleophobic coating is likely worn in that specific area. Rubbing alcohol first, then you could reapply the oleophobic coating if you desire. I think the display would be more restored than what it is now.