Worried about the battery "drop" to 200 hrs of standby time?... you will love this!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ap3604, Oct 5, 2011.

1. ap3604, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

Alot of people I see are getting really worried about the standby battery life:

"ZOMG the standby battery life dropped from 300 hours on the iPhone 4 to only 200 hours on the iPhone 4s!!! That is a 50% drop in battery life! My phone is in standby alot of the time and will drain like crazy now! :eek:"

To which I say: Do the math ;)

Lets use the new 200 hour standby battery life calculation for this as well:

100% battery life

---Divided by---

200 hours of total standby

----Equals---
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    A loss of 0.5% per hour while in standby(and in 200 hours it will be drained)... Compared to a loss of 0.33% per hour with an iPhone 4 while in standby

So now lets calculate it for a regular day

16 hours working (since hopefully you sleep 8 hours a day ;))

---Times---

0.5% standby battery loss per hour

---Equals---
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________
    A loss of 8% while on standby for the entire day... Compared to a loss of 5.5% on your iPhone 4 *Gasp* :eek:

So an extra 2.5% loss in standby battery life per day... and why are you freaking out again? :p

Doesn't seem that big a deal anymore now does it? ;)

2. katana92 macrumors member

katana92

please do my company accounts and save me some money on tax

3. TheSideshow macrumors 6502

MBA "standby time" (Read hibernate in the Windows world where it is nothing new), 30 days. Average time between uses, 4 hours.

Tell me why people were getting excited again....?

4. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

LoL :D

I'd be happy to... been looking for a new career anyways. 50k + bennies right? ;)