Worried I wont be here when my phone gets delivered next Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by guitarwiz23, Oct 7, 2011.

1. guitarwiz23 macrumors member

Im truly scared haha, I dont think i have ever had a package delivered by fedex to my home so i have no clue what time they would normally come. I will be home until about 9:30 but then have to leave for class and wont be home until about 1:30 thats a pretty big gap and i have a bad feeling thats when they will come. Then even if i get lucky i have to leave home for work at 3:20 so i really hope its after class but before work. I think my only hope is that due to the high volumes of phones that it comes in that time....well or of course it comes a day early when im home by 11 :p

I guess to make this topic worth while here are some quetions:
    If i miss them will they leave a note saying when and where i can pick up my phone or when they will try again?
    Also will my Speck Pixelskin HD fit on this phone? What about my AT&T Candyshell?

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

If you're not at home when they deliver, they'll leave a note or a calling card and from there on you can arrange a re-delivery with them or pickup form a set location.

3. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

You can pre sign a form that will let them drop the phone off at your place without you being there. You can also specify on the form where you want it left. For example, last year, they actually followed the form and hid the phone near my back door.

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

The form direction is up the driver. If he or she feels that it is not safe to leave the item at location, he will ignore whatever forms you signed.

5. blockburner28 macrumors 6502

blockburner28

If its ups and a small hub you can call for a same day will call. You can pick it up the same day depending on your hub hours. I work at a small hub and people do it all the time. Even if they didn't will call it. They would come in to pick up their missed package. Goodluck! I work for ups btw.

6. k3roro macrumors 6502

I'm not sure I quite understand.

Why are people expecting their phone to be delivered next Friday?

Apple website says Ships By: Oct 14.

To my understanding this means that the phone will leave Apple on Oct 14, so it would actually take a number of days before it gets to us.

I'm from Canada if this changes things.

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Will it even require a signature? Anything I've ever ordered was just laying on the front porch when I get home, Laptops, PS3, etc. This is the first time I have ordered anything from Apple that I wasn't picking up in-store so I don't know if a signature is even required.

Also: [​IMG]

8. NoHo macrumors 6502

There better be a signature required. I would rather pick it up at UPS the next day than for them to leave it on my doorstep when I'm not home.

9. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I agree thats why I hate when I find stuff laying on my porch. Neighbor kids would definitely take anything laying there if they see it before I do. In my case though nobody will be available to sign.

Check this page out, might help: http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery

10. kunaalarria macrumors member

Because normally people get them 1 or 2 days before the official launch date. Apple saying it will ship by the 14th, is them covering their asses. It's a bonus and it makes you feel extra happy when you get it before. I'm from Canada too, and the items ship straight from China, so between us and the U.S. it shouldn't matter

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

Everything I've ordered from Apple was shipped via FedEx and always required a signature at time of delivery unless I printed the signature waiver form from the Apple site, filled it in and taped it to the front door.

12. spades1412 macrumors 6502

The signature is a requirement of the company shipping the product, not the shipping company. Apple definitely requires a signature.

13. joshuarobi macrumors regular

Ordered from VZW. Will be delivered by 10/14.

14. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

This is what is showing in my order status

iPhone 4S 32GB White
    Delivers Oct 14 via Standard Shipping