Worry about iPhone 5 slow down

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AznTakumi, Oct 20, 2012.

1. AznTakumi, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012

AznTakumi macrumors regular

I just got my iphone 5 a week ago and I love how fast the phone is but I'm worry it will slow down if I use it too much. Is this all in my head or it won't really slow down? If it would slow down, any suggest to keep the phone running fast? Also I'm worry about my phone getting a virus or something.
    Edit: I forgot to ask how safe is it using the online banking apps on iOS?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It won't slow down and it won't get a virus. Just use it as Apple intended and you'll be fine.

3. mainomega macrumors 6502

What ?!

Seriously, you've been a member since 2011 and you ask this ?

I'll buy your IP5 off you. I'll give you a SGIII

4. AznTakumi thread starter macrumors regular

I had a iPhone 4 and it slowed down overtime and I just don't want this iPhone 5 to do the same since I will be using it for 2 years.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

ummmm

----------

It didn't "slow down" over time. The OS and apps were updated to take advantage of the newer hardware. If it feels slower it is because it is being more taxed. If you were to restore it to the way it was when you bought it it would run exactly the same. Hardware doesn't degrade over time.

6. AznTakumi thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone know how safe is online banking on iOS?

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Very safe. Maybe safer than using a laptop/desktop to do it.

8. bandofbrothers, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ive used internet banking on my iPhones for over 3 years and have had no issues.

One reason why i dropped windows and bought my MBA too.
    Internet threats/viruses are pretty much a very rare occurrence !

Your iOS is pretty solid and the security your bank uses should protect you too.

If you fill up your phone with tons of apps/music and video then your iphone may lagg a little.

Also jail breaking and then adding certain tweaks such as winterboard can in some cases cause lagg too.

Best advice is to enjoy your iphone as it was meant to be used.

9. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

This isn't an android phone where is would slow down and start freezing 3 months later because you can't close an rouge apps.

Just use phone as intended and you will be fine.

10. compwiz1202 macrumors regular

The 5 will most likely slow down once the next two models are out, like all the others did, due to the OS doing things the older hardware can't handle.

11. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

It'll slow down in a few years when you have the newer iOS versions on it. With iOS 8, is when you should expect a little slow down.

12. AznTakumi thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know, I just don't wanna make y iPhone 5 feel old fast..

13. dk206 macrumors regular

Omg this forum really is for kids.
    Please someone know a forum like xda but for the iphone???
    Stuff like this is killing me.

14. dk206 macrumors regular

How does giving the phone root access make it lagg?! Does anyone here actually know what they are talkig about!!!????? Is this like the teenage group forum for iDevices?!!! Please someone help me... :_(

15. -Hackintosh- macrumors newbie

The magic that is the Internet. Someone can state something with absolutely no evidence and claim it as fact =P

16. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I jailbroke my iphone 4 and my iphone 4s using redsn0w.

Installing winterboard and using certain themes made my iphone lagg which in my case is fact, as turning off the theme or removing winter board removed the lagg.

care to take a look at the many many threads connected to this.

Even the most recent update for winter board did not help me much, nor did installing barrel. and before you ask my themes were paid for. All three of them.

i do know what I'm talking about and don't assume my age my friend. :rolleyes:

Im not a teenager and have been using cellphones for over 24 years tinkering with them along the way. I would hazard a guess that some teenagers would know a hell of alot more about devices than we do !

17. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

SWEET! Haven't had the chance to use this meme lately. :)

[​IMG]

18. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Mines better.

Attached Files:

19. dk206 macrumors regular

That is installing software after jailbreaking. Not the actual root access itself thats given u lag.Next time just say certain softwares such as WB in your case caused lag. Gawd give me a break i dont want to hear your life long speech on what you are and where u came from -.- and please dont even reply back to this. Had enough blah from this OT alone.

20. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Phew, someone needs to smile :D

Ive edited my original post to comply with your advice.

Friends now ?

21. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

While I agree there is potential lag associated to Winterboard and custom themes, being jailbroken also allows the end user to use and install a tweak like fakeclockup which manages animations very effectively.

Also being able to delete unnecessary Launchdameons frees up ram, improves battery life and reduces boot up time.

An app like RemoveBackground kills suspended and/or apps running in the background also freeing up ram and improving battery life.

22. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

No argument from me here.

I used these tweaks myself.

23. elurdd1123 macrumors newbie

It wont slow down, the only time i ever experienced a slow iPhone was on a jailbroken 3G.

Reset back to factory settings and it was happy days, have since owned 2 iPhone 4 in both black and white and have never seen or heard of any issues of slowing down.

Ive tried moving twice to HTC now and both times have returned the phone in a week.

It was a simple bid to try and not be to... well Applefied. But they simply hit the nail on the head. They always will be great phones and the OS will always be more polished and aesthetically pleasing, and even though people moan about how the iPhone has a dual core processor in the older models like the iPhone 4 / 4s they still compete heavily with todays S3 and HTC Flagship quad core phones.

I dont know why we have seemed to move this way but why on earth you need a quad core processor in your phone is beyond me. Consumer Computers were only receiving these (from what i know of) only 4 - 5 years ago, maybe less. I understand its a different scale but the theory is the same.

24. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

IT WILL SLOW DOWN!

Your iPhone has millions of little flux capacitors which give it it's speed. Each time you turn the phone on for more than 88 seconds several of these capacitors die. Eventually your phone will be as fast as something from 1986.

The only way to recharge them is to leave it next to some plutonium for a couple of hours.

If you need to know where to get some I know a couple of Libyans who may be able to help. Keep an eye out for them, they will be in a VW Camper van with the roof open.