Worst [assault] ever

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by madoka, Jul 7, 2007.

1. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

Execution is not good enough for these animals.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070707/ap_on_re_us/gang_rape_teens;_ylt=ArtHFHLkQ3eK1PDk95eWwdlH2ocA

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Two teenagers were accused of gang raping a woman and forcing her 12-year-old son to join in the attack, then beating him and pouring cleaning solution into his eyes.

Authorities allege Avion Lawson, 14, and Nathan Walker, 16, were among a group of about 10 masked suspects who forced their way into the woman's apartment in a crime-ridden housing project the night of June 18.

The two were being held without bail Friday on suspicion of armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, sexual performance by a child, armed home invasion and aggravated battery. Both were arrested this week, but formal charges had not been filed. Authorities said the two would be charged as adults.

"Any rape case is horrible but this takes it to another level, something you can't think of even in your worst dreams," police spokesman Ted White said.

According to the police report, a man knocked on the woman's door at about 9 p.m. and told her he had a flat tire. The mother and son, whom police have not identified, went outside and were ambushed by a group of gun-wielding suspects.

The victims told police they were forced back into their home and beaten and sexually assaulted. According to authorities, the men raped, sodomized and beat the woman, then forced her son to participate in the assault at gunpoint, making him have sex with his mother in front of them.

The boy was then beaten and had numerous household cleaning liquids poured into his eyes, according to the police report.

The suspects also stole a few hundred dollars worth of cash and jewelry, White said.

White said more arrests were expected, but he would not say whether authorities had identified additional suspects. The teens in custody were not cooperating, but Lawson confessed to taking part in the attack, White said. Walker has denied involvement, White said.

DNA evidence in a condom found in the victims' home linked Lawson to the crime, police said. Investigators also say they found a palm print belonging to Walker at the scene.

The victims did not suffer life-threatening injuries and have been released from the hospital, White said.

"They're going through the county victim services for counseling," he said.

Lawson lived in Dunbar Village, the hardscrabble project where the attack occurred. Walker was apparently visiting a friend there, White said.

Authorities believe the suspects all knew each other from the neighborhood, but they don't think they knew the victims directly.

Prosecutors have 21 days from the time a suspect is arrested to formally file charges. Lawson was arrested Tuesday. Walker was arrested Thursday.

Walker made a first court appearance on Friday, after which his father, also named Nathan Walker, spoke briefly.

"My son has a good heart," the elder Walker said outside court. "I can't believe my son would do something like this. I don't teach my son violence so I don't understand."

Walker's attorney, Robert Gershman, said Friday he intended to enter a not guilty plea on behalf of his client once charges are formally filed. He would not comment further.

A telephone message left at the office of Lawson's public defender was not immediately returned.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That is some sick stuff....one of the worst crimes I've ever heard of

3. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

this is truly disturbing, I've never heard of anything this awful before.
    Sick and twisted monsters they are.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

absolutely horrid for the mother and son. i can only hope they can return to some sort of normality after such an event.

5. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Ugh. That's ridiculous.

She's coming out to help someone with a flat tire, and then this? Wow. :mad:

6. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I have a feeling that although the victims are physically alright, it'll be likely for them to be mentally disturbed (especially the child).

What sick people. They should rot in jail for the rest of their lives.

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Positively unspeakable ... let's hope all the perpetrators receive punishment truly deserving of such grotesque and horrifying acts.

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I don't think the kid is alright, with possibly massive amount of cleaning products poured in his eyes.
    I'm not sure there's even a remote chance of that. They'll probably be in some sort of therapy for the rest of their lives. :(

9. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

That is absolutly terrible.:mad:

That boy, i dont know how old he was but he must have been so disturbed and in such terrible pain.:(

I am just hoping the women does not get pregnant. That would be awful.:(

10. monsoco macrumors newbie

I'm not sure how that lady's (and her son's) religion feels about such things, but that's a good example of why you shouldn't ever completely ban any form of aborting (e.g. the morning after pill). Hopefully the hospital dealt with the matter appropriately.

It's one messed up story. I also hope those kids don't get off "easy" (few years of juvi and a clean slate at 18) just because they were teens.

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

:mad:
    Those people should never see sunlight again. Pity this isn't the medieval era.

12. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Almost as disturbing as the event are the father's words saying his son has a "good heart". With the father being out of touch with reality, no wonder his son would (supposedly-I know) do such a thing.

I know the title of the thread would seem clear that its going to be bad, but maybe a disclaimer is warranted because my faith in humanity just dropped another few points after reading this one.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh Christ that's just horrific :(

We had a story here recently, some guy raped his 2 year old niece and killed her. I swear. These people aren't even humans. They're something else. It's how I don't lose faith in humanity, prentending these are inbreds or some kind of sub human makes it easier.

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't think those fellas will make it in jail or juve....such a sad thing to happen to the kid and mom.

Horrible pain to live through

Bless

15. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Like any other animal, these criminals need to be put down. They have relinquished their claim to being treated like humans.

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Almost seems to easy...like they would be getting off easier then their victims...but then again

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

17. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Simple execution wouldn't be enough of a punishment in my book. I'd rather see the ****** teenagers be forced through a fine-mesh screen. Of course, jail's known for rapes and assaults. so i guess it could be eye for an eye

18. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

That is unbelievably f---ed up. I don't think there's any chance the two returning to a normal life...that's the kind of stuff that haunts nightmares for decades.

As for the criminals, they probably won't be too kindly treated in jail when the other inmates find out what their crime was.

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

They damn well better be charged as adults. If they're charged as minors, it totally abuses the concept of charging young people as minors. They didn't shoplift something at age 14. They (and 8 other guys) gang-raped a woman.....and more.

I almost threw up.

Actually, I'm still on the verge of doing so.

20. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Unbelievable. If that was in England they'd be bearded left-wing social workers trying to blame it on the kids' upbringing while trying to get them a grant. Don't know what'll happen over there.

My suggestion: 100 lashes with the knout. Equivalent to a death penalty but not a nice way to go. That would provide a fine disincentive to others.

21. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

this is just such a horrid thing. It's been bothering me all day. Those monsters just completely destroyed and mutilated two lives.

on the whole son impregnating his mom, (this is so hard to write), most 12 year olds aren't fertile yet, are they? It would just make this story even worse if this would happen.

Any word on if the boy's vision is completely destroyed?

I have this horrid recurring image in my head.

22. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

These men need to be hung, drawn and quartered. Period.

23. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

That is awful. These kids are ****ed up, I'm sorry but I would personally beat the living **** out of these guys.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't be sorry. I'm trying to imagine what I'd do to these guys if we were all in a room, and I had a sword on me.

25. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Two things:

One, it is funny how people who believe in the fair treatment of all people and inmates (including terrorists) are advocating numerous things that should be done to these persons, including death, whippings, etc.. Just an observation.

Two, assuming that the perpetrators go to a real prison, I am predicting that each and everyone of them will become the girlfriend of men many times their size. Karma's a *****, ain't it... :rolleyes: