Worst Presentation by Apple Ever!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvoros, Sep 11, 2013.

1. dvoros macrumors 6502

Since when do we have an Apple Event, or in this case, unEvent without seeing a live present of a product or even a live demo of hardware and software? It was all video and powerpoints. Also, there was no "launch" of anything yesterday. This is a first. Holy Hell. Give me a break. Also,
    t:confused:he iPhone 5s could have been an Awesome phone if it had a five inch screen. The 4s and 5C satisfy those still wanting a small screen. Apple missed the boat by not giving us a WOW factor phone. What is wrong with Apple these days? This was a terrible presentation.

2. Kurso macrumors 6502

Tim Cook is a terrible speaker. I would not want to see him demo anything.

3. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Agree. A beancounter with that grating stumbling voice (not a great advert for the Texas accent) has no business in public speaking.

4. narr macrumors newbie

It was boring and Tim Cook seemed to be distracted a lot, he made lots of mistakes in his presentation. Or maybe he was being nervous? Federighi has been the only highlight of this keynote in my opinion. I miss the old days when Steve came up on stage and it just felt right.

5. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Craig is good.

Phil is ok.

Tim is still growing into it.

They should just hire Tom Cruise to deliver these product launches.

6. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

He would be like:
    "You will donate to scientology. You will donate to scientology. You will donate to scientology."

7. Tanax macrumors 6502a

I do not want a 5" screen. Buy a tablet if you want a bigger display?

8. dojoman macrumors 65816

Not everyone wants bigger screen. Just because they didn't announce big screen iPhone it's automatically worst presentation ever? If you want big screen go buy an Android phone.

9. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Guess you guys place a higher importance on the keynote presentations than I do.

Myself I care more about the actual products, I could care less how well they spoke :rolleyes:

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Care to elaborate?

11. Ann P macrumors 68020

It wasn't the most exciting, but no 5" screen please. :)

12. Kram1975 macrumors member

They have been running this promo on ESPN for a Don Shula movie and they're talking about his perfect season with the Dolphins and one guy says "He was obsessed" and another guy says "He would have cut his mother if it meant we would have been a better football team". That reminds me of Steve Jobs.

Steve wasn't known as a nice guy and there's no doubt in my mind that this phone would have been far more advanced and had NFC, 128gb, 802.11ac if Steve Job were still around and at the helm.

Apple will look back at the sales from 5S and point to a Winning season. But Steve would have looked back and said "We didn't win the Super Bowl." and sadly I think we all need to get comfortable with what Apple is today. They make products that are rarely innovative and about a year or more behind the manufactures that early adopt new technology but when their products come out they usually work flawlessly with a few exceptions (Apple Maps).

Apple is the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. Always come up a little bit short.