Worst South Park Episode Ever! (Season premiere SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by soberbrain, Oct 9, 2008.

1. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Last night's season premiere has to be the worst South Park episode ever!

I've been a long time fan of South Park and I was excited about the new season. However, the season premiere was very boring, the same jokes were done over and over again and story didn't go anywhere.

<start spoiler>

Considering October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, having repeated unfunny rape scenes (even in a cartoon) becomes distasteful and hurtful. Cartman's racial humor had been a guaranteed laugh, but the same crotch joke over and over again showed lack of creativity.

The later (in my opinion, funnier) South Park episodes always had some sort of popular social issue or topic to goof on, which made it very relevant and hilarious. Who cares about the new Indiana Jones movie that sucked? There's sucky movies out all the time now. I find it ironic that they are pointing out how the Spielberg and Lucas ruined the franchise when it seems Matt and Trey just did the same thing. Also, there were so many things in the Olympics to joke about that could have made the show funnier. I was hoping Cartman and Butter's would save the show, but what the hell does getting shot in the crotch have to do with hating the Chinese?

This episode was just poorly written. Plain and simple.

<end spoiler>

I enjoy controversial humor when done correctly. But when it's not funny, it's just plain offensive.

I surely hope the rest of the season will be whole lot better.

2. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

Love south park but i am disappointed as well, the whole indiana jones rape thing didnt like it, the only thing I liked pertaining to the Indiana Jones was how butters said he liked it lol. I thought hte whole Chinese against America thing was sorta funny how they dressed up as chinese people and imitated them lol.

Overall did not like half of the show.

ChrisN

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I haven't seen it in awhile, but generally, most TV shows that start going for too long a time start to go downhill...

That's one of the reasons why they tell us Stargate fans that they cancelled the series. Cancel at its peak before it goes downhill. The downhill part is unfortunately what most people remember. I agree with it...

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

LOL at Butters' shooting skills (the only funny part).

5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I didn't mind it. It wasn't their best, but it wasn't their worst. I think the Oprah one was pretty stupid. This one had it's laughs. I thought the crotch thing was funny.

6. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

i think this one was pretty funny and their were many funny parts like Indiana getting raped and butters shooting people in the private area

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I thought it was pretty good.

By the way it wasn't a season premiere, what they do is show half a season at the start of the year, then the rest of the season at the end. This was halfway through season 12.

And I certainly don't think they are losing their touch. Some of the best episodes I have seen have come from season 12. The cat urine episode, the Mr Garrisons penis episode, the internet breaking episode, all amazing.

And of course who could forget "I say what what, in the butt, what what, in the butt, you wanna do it in my butt, in my butt, lets do it in the butt, in the butt"

:D

8. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I liked the episode but it was certainly no ManBearPig or many of the other classics. It was, however, a great opportunity to bust on my roommate for the Chinese stuff :p

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well I liked it. Better than a few episodes of this series (Mininova says it's episode 8 or something?), mostly that aimless "Eek! A penis".

Loved how they played the rape bit, I was wondering if it was Kenny or Cartman, or even Butters. Then they went and made it about a film character who pretty much was raped :D pretty well done I thought.

10. ILBandit macrumors regular

The Internet breaking episode..... "Did you see that ghost?? It was a ghost, ewww,,,,, it's ectoplasm."

I about fell out of my chair on that one! LOL, Can't believe they got away with that on TV. IMO.. one of the best clips yet. LMAO