Worth it to change now

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperMiguel, Mar 13, 2012.

  1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

    Jan 6, 2010
    Im in tmobile and thinking to go to sprint to get the iphone.. Is it worth it to wait for the iphone5? any date on when it is coming out?
  2. macingman macrumors 68020


    Jan 2, 2011
    I'd say September/October but a slight chance around WWDC in June/July. Whether you should wait or not is up to you. Do you want the latest and greatest but have to wait a little or do you just want an iPhone now. Perhaps you should search which features are likely to be added to the iPhone 5 to decide whether it is worth waiting for, for you.
    Next time you should search the forums.
  3. Jordan921 macrumors 601


    Jul 7, 2010
    Bay Area
    Next iPhone probably won't be out til october so if you can wait that long.
  4. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 31, 2011
    Miami, FL
    The next iPhone is coming out on T-Mobile as well so you might as well stay put and wait..
  5. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jan 6, 2010
    it will?
  6. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 31, 2011
    Miami, FL
    If it's not. They are rebuilding their network to work with the next iPhone. Adding LTE by 2013 and updating AWS so current iPhone's could work on 3G.

    But most likely it's coming. I hear news like this everyday at work.
  7. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

    Mar 28, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    I would imagine that it will come out in Sep/October. I highly doubt the 4S would be replaced after less than 1 year on the market.
  8. Smug Boy macrumors member

    Apr 9, 2011
    Where did you get this tidbit of information from?
  9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040


    Apr 20, 2009
    Sounds like he pulled it from his a$$. :eek:

    There is no point in waiting for anything. It would be a long wait.....
  10. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

    Aug 31, 2011
    Miami, FL
    I have my sources. It's cool. I'll bring back this thread once it happens this year.
  11. Derpy macrumors newbie

    Feb 24, 2012
    I can upgrade on Saturday (Friday if I'm lucky) and I'm getting the 4S. I rather have it for a while than another few months on an OG Droid.
  12. DDustiNN macrumors 68000


    Jan 27, 2011
    I would not want to buy an iPhone 4 now and be locked into a 2-year 3G contract when 4G is right around the corner.
  13. mylexon20s macrumors regular


    Nov 27, 2003
    Coral Springs, FL
    Id say go for it! why wait? Sell the 4s when the new one comes out and buy the new one! I left my HTC Amaze for the 4S and could not be happier! Love the phone! I have a hard te putting it down lol?
  14. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

    Jul 16, 2010
    If its anything like T-Mobile's 3G build out was, then the OP might very well have to wait a year or more before T-mobile offers LTE in his territory.

    T-mobile offering LTE on the same bands as AT&T doesn't make much sense to me.... but I will freely admit that I even know I know a teeny bit about UMTS WCDMA, i know nothing about UMTS LTE
  15. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030


    Jun 10, 2010
    He's guessing

Share This Page