Worth putting iOS4 on soon to be old phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cat1123, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Cat1123 macrumors newbie

So those of you with iPhones who are expecting iPhone4s: Are you going to upgrade your current phones to iOS4 tomorrow?

2. Wailord macrumors 6502

Hey, why not. The lure of the "newness" or mystique won't be there (as much) when I start playing with my new phone, but I've got a 3G now... so I'll still see the important features for the first time on Thursday. :)

3. camarobh macrumors 6502

I'm going to. I am anxious to try it, and I want to be familiar with it when my new iPhone 4 arrives Thursday.

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I am. I wanna setup my folders, see if any apps conflict with the new OS, and have a nice tidy backup so I can do a simple restore to my new phone.

The biggest thing that I expect and hope to give my eyes a treat on Thursday morning is seeing iOS4 on the 3GS then getting to see the same stuff on the beautiful new retina display ::drool:: :D

5. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

I am not upgrading my 3G to 4.0. The reports here of the GM release say that it is too slow.

- Steve

6. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I will be upgrading my 3GS to iOS4 tomorrow even though my iPhone 4 will be here Thursday. Mainly because I am anxious to try out some of the new features. I also think it will be nice to see a difference in speed between the two phones running the most recent os. Plus, it makes the waiting process go by a little faster :cool:

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I already upgraded my 3GS last week but I likely won't do the 3G. Since there is no jailbreak yet for 4.0, I am forwarding the 3GS to the 3G so that iBlacklist can catch the blocked calls.

8. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

9. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Hassle much?

10. cole01 macrumors 6502

Yeah. My iPhone 4 will be arriving on the 24th but I won't be able to use it until 5 days later since I'm leaving for a trip. :mad: It'll be nice to have the 3GS on 4.0 to tide my over.

11. icecavern macrumors regular

Just the folders and unified mailbox really sell it on a 3G. I've had iOS4 on my 3G for the last week and I have to say the unified mailbox is much better. Folders are great for cutting down the number of screens you need. I've not noticed it be any slower, it's pretty much identical speed wise, but you don't get multitasking on the 3G :(

Pete

12. California King macrumors 65816

Definitely going to if there is an unlock released for it. If not, probably will keep it at 3.1.2 unlocked and sell it...