Worth selling my iPad now that I have a new MacBook Air?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yourdream, Oct 30, 2010.

1. yourdream macrumors regular

Is it worth selling my iPad now that I have a new MacBook Air? It's not because I have no use of the iPad now but rather that there may be a new model coming out in January or at least the first quarter of 2011 and it would be a good time right now to sell my iPad and use that money towards a future new model. Do you think I should sell my iPad now or just keep it?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If you truly think that you can live without an iPad for 4-6 months, then by all means, the earlier you sell, the better your chances for getting more money for it.

3. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

No one can make that decision for you, but FYI, iPad 2 won't be available before April 2011.

4. ExnomenDei macrumors regular

There is a fundamental difference between a tablet form factor and that of a notebook.You can use an iPad while walking or while lying down, per example. If you don't need that sort of thing and never think: gee, I wish I had my iPad, it'd be more convenient/fun/productive than my MacBook air, then by all means, sell it. While I dont expect the next model to be revolutionary (unless you like facetime), it will certainly do something better than the current gen iPad.

However, posting this while lying back in my chair is extremely comfortable - my MacBook pro certainly can't do this, while my iPad is fine for it.

In the end: is it worth the money for you to sell it?