Worth to wait for iPhone ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by holydude, Aug 25, 2014.

1. holydude, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014

holydude macrumors regular

I can get LG G3 16GB for 360euros (new one) though i am tempted to wait for apple's keynote.

The other thing is that the new iphones will be not available in my country atleast for 2-4 more months.

I currently own iphone 4s and it's really sluggish. I also hate ios7 ( i had to turn off all of the effects and it looks stupid now though "usable") but i am afraid of android as it probably is even more stupid that ios7.

Your advises ?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

At this point it can't hurt to wait a couple of weeks to see what apple will do.

3. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I agree with maflynn. Almost two weeks left. I suggest you wait.

4. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

The phone will be in consumers hands in less than a month. I would absolutely wait.

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

There's 2 weeks until the iPhone 6 is launched, that's ages! Get the LG lol.

6. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

The main reason I like the iphone 5s is b/c of its size: premium phone in a normal size, not jumbo. Now that the jumbo size is going to be the norm and there's no fighting it, I am not as excited about the iphone 6. I actually think that there will be less differentiators b/w the iPhone 6 vs a phone like the s5 and the htc one, etc. The htc one's battery life is basically double of what the iPhone 5s' is. I just look at the iphone 6 as joining established turf rather than carving out its own space...Apple had better bring their A game. Build quality, price, sound quality, screen quality are all incredibly mature on the Android flagships. The Android mob and ecosystem is so huge now that quality stuff is available, even if by accident!

7. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Get both if your budget allows. I switch between my G3 and 5s regularly. While I'm not planning on upgrading the 5s for this numbered launch, I may when the "s" version is released later on.:cool:

8. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I suggest waiting a few months for the iPhone.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Or at least two weeks until you have a much better idea what is available. We all know there will be at least one new iphone in Sept. Nobody knows for sure what it will be, though there are a plethora of rumors.

11. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Definitely wait. Nothing to lose by using some patience. Heck, your phone price MIGHT even go on sale when the iPhone 6 comes out (if you decide you don't want the 6.) ;)

:apple:

12. Hospity macrumors newbie

Hi,

Iphone is the best mobile in the World. I Suggest the worth Waiting for Iphone. Thanks

13. gauravbidasaria macrumors newbie

gauravbidasaria

With the Apple keynote only days ahead, I think you should wait. I am waiting for the same. Though it will take some time before the iPhone 6 actually starts shipping, atleast we will know what it has to offer and make better and informed decision.

14. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

According to me, you should wait for iPhone 6 release. may be iOS 8 will also release with iPhone 6.

15. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Although that is a veryyyyy good deal on the G3. I would buy it probably

16. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

iPhone > all

you don't want to "settle" and then regret getting it once the iPhone comes out.. I've seen it happen wayyyy to many times.