Would a mac mini 2014 (2.6ghz/8gb/1TB) at $300 with mac keyboard + magic mouse be a good deal?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Jack Delgado, May 31, 2016.

1. Jack Delgado macrumors regular

Jack Delgado

Saw this combo listed on craigslist--major downside is the 1TB non-fusion drive, but would you guys consider this a good deal at $300 or would it *still* be worth it to try and wait for what a new mac mini could offer.

2. jpietrzak8 macrumors 6502a

jpietrzak8

I think it's a good deal. You can always wait for a new Mini to arrive, but there is no guarantee of when (or if) such a device will arrive, or whether it will be a significant upgrade either (the 2014 was not much of an improvement on the 2012 after all).

It's easy to use an external SSD if you want better long-term-storage performance. The only thing to note, of course, is that the RAM cannot be upgraded, so be sure that you'll never need more than the 8GB that it comes with.

3. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

4. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

Almost a give-a-way; so, this leads me to the question as to why one would want to sell it for only $300?? Sometimes the CL can be a very risky proposition.

5. MysticCow macrumors 6502a

MysticCow

Sounds like a good deal to me, but always agree to a meeting outside of the police station on a weekday when using CL.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

7. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Since it has 8gb of RAM (instead of 4), I think it's a decent deal.

For "more drive speed", just plug in a USB3 SSD and use that as "the booter".

Leave the 1tb HDD "in place" for large libraries of movies, pics, music, etc.

A good candidate for the SSD might be one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00ZTRY532?tag=delt-20