Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joelb955

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Okay im getting my tonsils out and need my macbook so i can talk to my friends and watch my movies, and listen to my music. The fan sounds like it is scraping against the bottom of the keyboard, It will get REALLY hot even on a flat surface and slow down so ill have to shut it down for a half hour to start going again at a good speed. It's wireless is abysmally slow and even with the ethernet plugged in it is slow. I know it is not my router as the other devices work entirely properly on it(PSP)(DSI). It will just randomly crash at times and i have reinstalled snow leopard and updated it! The discs will sometimes not read and i will have to reboot and press the option key to eject the disc. I dont want another computer i <3 my macbook, i want the same one but without the problems. What are the odds of them replacing it. I cant send it to apple because i need it i will be home alone for a while in pain(From the tonsillectomy).And the Hard disk was making a loud clicking sound earlier, i verified the disk and it formatted the WHOLE THING :mad:

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
well they will look at it, possibly take it in for further testing.

depending on who u get , u may get a replaement, but unlikely as apple usually repairs things first

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Is this computer new? Under AppleCare? If no and no, then I see no reason for them to just send you a new computer because of your medical issue.

Even if it were under AppleCare, they will certainly want to see the computer before they decide to fix or replace it, I do not think they will just say "sure, keep the one you have, and we'll mail you a brand new one for your trouble"

I could be wrong....but do not think I am here.

Joelb955

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Is this computer new? Under AppleCare? If no and no, then I see no reason for them to just send you a new computer because of your medical issue.

Even if it were under AppleCare, they will certainly want to see the computer before they decide to fix or replace it, I do not think they will just say "sure, keep the one you have, and we'll mail you a brand new one for your trouble"

I could be wrong....but do not think I am here.
Yes it is brand new less than 2 months. I am not asking to keep my current one, they can have it. I can't wait those weeks for it to be repaired right now and the closest apple store is 50 miles away.I want them to see it but do you think they will be able to fix all of these issues in store?. It has the applecare(the one that came with the notebook. And btw it's a 13-inch Core i7 2011 macbook pro. I bought it at best buy but last time i gave them a computer to repair they kept it and never sent it. I don't have the recipt on me but i may be able to find it. other than that it has everything that it came with and cosmetically in prefect condition.

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
If its than new they should replace it. Ask for a replacement or for priority shipment from them due to your medical condition.

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
If its than new they should replace it. Ask for a replacement or for priority shipment from them due to your medical condition.

+2, if it is THAT new, then hell, I would kindly explain your situation at an Apple store in person, I bet they would work with you in this case.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
Going to an Apple store is your best bet for a speedy repair. If you can't do that then your only other option is to call Apple again and see what you can work out.

tcphoto

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
Madison, GA
Call Apple Care and arrange for an overnight box. You can simply put it in the box and they will pick it up for shipping to an Apple Service Center. Odds are, you will get it back within 2-3 days or replace it if they deem necessary. My experience with my local Apple Store resulted in a ten day wait, no return phone call and a free iTouch from Customer Service for my inconvenience. BTW, I only needed a new hard drive which made it more pitiful.

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
Call Apple Care and arrange for an overnight box. You can simply put it in the box and they will pick it up for shipping to an Apple Service Center. Odds are, you will get it back within 2-3 days or replace it if they deem necessary. My experience with my local Apple Store resulted in a ten day wait, no return phone call and a free iTouch from Customer Service for my inconvenience. BTW, I only needed a new hard drive which made it more pitiful.

well u got a free ipod touch out of that lol

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

What's an iTouch?

Good that they gave you one anyway, though the OP shouldn't expect one.

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
does sending it in for repair a good idea? i mean are they careful with the machinese so u dont see a single scratch and such

if that made any sense lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.