Would an Nvidia GTS 250 fit inside a slim Inspiron? (Gen. Video Card Disc. also)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TantalizedMind, Nov 4, 2009.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

The Nvidia 220 said it was "Low Profile Ready", so I am assuming that would fit inside a slim Inspirons case. Yell at me if I am mistaken PLEASE!

Though there are no slim GTS 250's. The 220 streams 48 processors and the 250 streams 128. What video card do you guys suggest for a slim cased pc? All I want to do is play some Games for Windows games. Such as Gears of War, Shadowrun, etc for extra gamerpoints.

I am waiting for Cyber Monday to get a cheap Dell. I already ordered a nice NEW style 20" HD Dell monitor on a Halloween deal. I am looking to just order through Dell.com a slim Inspiron with a 3.0 GHZ C2D and red faceplate. Then upgrade RAM and VIDEO CARD from newegg.

Thanks guys.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If its anything like the GTS 260, no. That sucker almost didn't fit in my full sized case.

3. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502

i doubt it. i have the antec three hundred mid tower case and when i installed the card i had to move my hard drive one space lower because it was in the way.

4. thefnshow macrumors regular

nvidia has a bad habit of making their cards too long... i'm running 2 260's and i had to remove the hard drive cage at the bottom of my case and move my second hard drive between one of my dvd burners and blu ray runer...the card is 10.5 inches long...they have almost 2 inches of vertical space to play with...can't these rocket scientists figure out how to up and not out ? :mad: