Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
From cnn.com

ORLANDO, Florida (AP) -- The pink carpet was rolled out, the pink spotlights danced through the crisp night air of downtown Orlando, and everything seemed in place for the opening of Paris Hilton's first nightclub . . . .
(See article fort the rest)

I'm probably too old to get the current "nightclub" thing anyway, but the whole "celebrity" status thing for people who don't actually have to work really turns me off. A lady friend told me she was going to a New Year's Eve thing at this place tonight. She aske me if I would want to go. All I could think was "You REALLY don't know me, do you?" :D She was pretty excited about it. I had to leave it at "Ooooh. Sorry. I already have plans. Have fun!" :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
No

My idea of a good club is at least 2-3 buzzing crowded rooms of great music (house, drum & bass etc.), various interesting-looking characters, and a bunch of illicit substances...

Edit: Which is where, incidentally, I'm not going to be tonight. :(

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
The human element of the numerous holiday flight delays and cancellations hadn't sunk in for me until I read this story. We can only pray that the future success of Club Paris isn't tarnished by the disappointment caused by Ms. Hilton's delayed arrival.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I have never visited a real nightclub. So my only know them from the movies and TV. The one that Ricky Ricardo had on "I Love Lucy" seemed really nice.

The name Paris Hilton will probably draw a large crowd. In her circles she was probably just fashionably late.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
I wouldn't go to it simply because it's Paris Hilton's. She's one of those people who's famous for, like, being famous. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, somebody should tell her that it's three meals a day, not a week.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
No. And i mean, our town has awful clubs, but i still wouldn't go. Partially because a bunch of 19-year-old society-hookers drinking $60 cocktails isn't my idea of a good time, and partially because I want to beat Paris's head in with a pipe wrench.

paul

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
As some of you probably know, I dated Paris Hilton about 5 years ago. She really wasn't that good! Total PC airhead.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
wow, what is this world coming to? no i would never go there, and i dont go to clubs anyways, they arent my cup of tea persay, im more of a homebody anyways, thank goodness my hunny is as well

Mr_Ed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
North and east of Mickeyland
Dr. Dastardly said:
*shudder*

Now anyone can get in Paris Hilton! :eek:
LOL! :D Well, I traveled a lot for work and racked up a pantload of "Hilton Honors" points, "Diamond VIP" and the whole bit. I wrote them to see how many of those HHonors points it would take to book a stay inside Paris Hilton. I figured I was owed at least that much in the way of "room service." They never did reply though . . .

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Hell no.

I'm a computer geek/nerd and I wouldn't be caught dead there, unless I was actively breaking into their computer systems and changing the songs every 10 seconds... ;) :cool:

V.A.Toss

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
Souds like a ***** nightclub.

Those really are the worst, full of posers too frightened to have a good time. Trying to upstage one another by simply standing around with an overpriced Becks, pulling thoughtful facial expressions. And normally theyll have a half-arsed DJ who reckons hes 'alternative' by playing a New Order track.

Not my idea of a good night out.

Thankfully in london theyre mostly only in the fashionable areas, so there are still plenty of good clubs around and about.

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
I'm surprised anyone thought she actually knew how to drive, what a waste of a Ferrari :eek:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Just for the record, I'd have no interest in going to her club. I do just enjoy just going out for a meal. That is usually after Church on Sunday.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
wdlove said:
So my only know them from the movies and TV. The one that Ricky Ricardo had on "I Love Lucy" seemed really nice.

If you weren't actually serious about this it would be the your funniest quote ever :D

And you're not really missing much as far as I'm concerned. They're fun sometimes, but in the end its too many people and music played too loud....

I prefer more intimate places where you can actually talk to someone and have them hear you without yelling.

D

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Sparky's said:
I'm surprised anyone thought she actually knew how to drive, what a waste of a Ferrari :eek:

Dumb pop stars should stay out of exotic cars. Britney Spears wrecked after she shifted her Ferrari into 2nd while doing 85 MPH. :D

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Thomas Veil said:
I wouldn't go to it simply because it's Paris Hilton's. She's one of those people who's famous for, like, being famous. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, somebody should tell her that it's three meals a day, not a week.

Anyone who is called a personality doesn't have one.
Any country with "democratic" in the name isn't.
And lastly, anything with "science" in the name may or may not be scientific -- vide Creation Science, Christian Science, Science Diet.

Paris falls in the first of those.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Well she's dumb, full of herself, and I don't know what she has to feel confident about. There's nothing to feel good about in her case other than money. She IS nothing, and yet she talks about how hot she is. Anyone who watched her on David Letterman probably hates her as much as I do.

:)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
JeffTL said:
And lastly, anything with "science" in the name may or may not be scientific -- vide Creation Science, Christian Science, Science Diet.

may or may not?

Mystery Science Theater :D

D

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
hrmm... being in the same night club as paris hilton equals a 150% chance she'll end up making out with you. you could make a game with it and tell the paparazzi outside are from kazshesaslutistan and the crown prince and you are dating and see how many tabloids you can be in.

not really good if you you have a girlfriend

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.