would buying apple care and square trade be a waste ???

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sportsfan1234, Apr 26, 2011.

1. sportsfan1234 macrumors member

i just bought a 32 GB verizon iphone yesterday. I have never had a smartphone before ever. I am accident prone and a newb at technology. I understand that applecare will cover your tech support if you are having any problems with the phone, or if anything functionality-wose breaks on the phone- they will repair it. However, applecare does not cover, dropped/cracked phones, water damage, etc. It was recommended to me to buy squaretrade, and it looks awesome! I am considering buying both, that way I am fully covered from basically all angels....what do you think about this ??? good move or bad move an why ? remember...this is my first smartphone and i am a newb.

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Get squaretrade now. The iphone warranty is for a year and you can add applecare at any point during the coverage.

3. sportsfan1234 thread starter macrumors member

4. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

Someone misinformed you. You have until the end of the original years applecare to add on.

5. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Yup.

6. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Think flushing the money down the toilet, sound like fun?

7. BigBeast macrumors 6502a

Also, check your credit card's benefits portion- i.e. If I use my Amex card (other card companies as well) for purchases, they lengthen all manufacturer warranties an additional 1 year. If you buy square trade and use a card like Amex to buy the phone, you'd have two years of manufacturer coverage and 3 years of Square Trade. Pretty Sweet. :D

8. bmservice macrumors newbie