Would deleting an iTunes library also remove the music stored on the watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ffosse, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ffosse, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016

Ffosse macrumors 65816

I got a new computer and want to create a new iTunes library, different from my old one and to transfer some 9300 songs to my iPhone; would this affect the songs already on my watch?

I want to keep them and not have the bother of setting up a new playlist to re-sync with the watch.

EDIT: Resolved, it did remove the music on my watch.

2. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

I don't see how. As long as those songs are in your iTune library in the cloud and currently on your Watch they should not be affected. Also since the Watch gets its music from your iPhone I do not see how creating a new iTunes library on your new computer will do anything to the iPhone or Watch.

I have three macs, two Watchs and two iPhones on my iTunes account. All of them have a variety of music on them. None of them have the same songs and I have never had an issue. I have wiped one and reloaded the OS and the other devices were fine.

Lisa

3. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 65816

Syncing songs to my iPhone has wiped out the playlist on the watch, which was made on an older computer with some different songs - I can recreate the playlist mostly, but manually which will take some time.