Would have been mediocre (at best) but...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kobalap, May 20, 2017.

1. kobalap macrumors 6502

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Absolutely! I don't think I would have minded a Jeb Bush presidency much. He was certainly spot on correct about Donny boy being a chaos candidate/chaos president.

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Insanity, intemperance, and impulsiveness make trump singularly unfit for office. Virtually any of the other Republican candidates would have been a better choice than Donald J. Trump.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

please clap.........................

today you CARE about what our GOVT does, a democrat can sign indefinite detention w/o trial into law, bomb sovereign countries w/o declarations of war, deport more people then a republican , increase debt to 19 trillion and most of you are ok with it because OMG he was a great orator and he looked "classy" :rolleyes:

today you are making noise because once again you pretend to care about what is going on................you are welcomed.

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum and Bobby Jindal are all, to varying degrees, on the same end of the wacko curve as Trump. So they weren't great choices either. But no, none of them hold a candle to the crazy that is Donald Trump.

Jeb Bush would not only have been better, but is thought by many to be smarter than his brother too.

John Kasich is also pretty critical of Trump. When he first got into office, Kasich was fairly extreme. SB5 was one of those ALEC-written bills that would've crippled unions in Ohio. It worked for Scott Walker but got John Kasich spanked. Since then, however, he seems to have moderated. In fact, the last two times he was on TV he sounded so reasonable and critical of his own party, I had to wonder why he wasn't a Democrat.

6. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

This is the sad and sorry truth too. I've been complaining about this stuff for years and I always point out the unjust things that politicians do but as soon as it's "their guy" in charge, woah woah woah we can't go criticizing the party. Then the other sides does the exact same thing. I don't understand why this is so difficult to grasp for so many people.

7. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

Please cite you evidence that I did not care about what our govt did before Trump was in office. Specifically, cite your evidence that I am ok with any of the things you listed. (Except the deportation thing. I was completely okay with that.)
    --- Post Merged, May 20, 2017 ---
    Kasich was my preference. Compared to the rest of the field, he was pragmatic.

8. jkcerda, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Guessing the shoe fit rather nicely since I didnt quote you :D
    You are welcomed...

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

Sometimes I wonder if you have a keyboard with about 15 buttons, each of which types a short phrase, and you just press them in different orders to make posts.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It has only 12:D

11. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe I am misunderstanding the forum rules in terms of fair debate.

If you claim something is a fact, and someone asks you to cite your evidence, are you not compelled to do so?

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Fixed 8

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I was between Bush and Kasich on the Republican side, either one of them would have been fairly decent. Ideally Biden would have run though and won it all.

14. Herdfan macrumors 6502

Possibly, but we need to break the cycle of political dynasties. First Jeb, then in 20 years Chelsea. Both families need to go away.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

All three families need to go away. Tired of the Trump dynasty already.

16. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

Why? Is ours not a government that is elected by the people (however convoluted the electoral component is)?

If the people choose a Bush, a Clinton, a Kennedy, a Trump - what is wrong with that? There is no such thing as a political dynasty in the United States. At least, not until Trump and his supporters figure out how to enact nepotocracy.

17. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Same old tired deflection.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's spot on, hence the reason most here don't like it :D

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Most don't like it because you post some version of it five times a day. Time for new talking points and memes.

20. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I already have seen a member on this site talk about Ivanka continuing on after Trump, so I think some people want a third family to have a political dynasty in the U.S.

Precisely why I had to put him on ignore. Too repetitive. Like watching the same ad over and over and over again with no new info inserted into the discussion. Like those annoying web ads on hulu or on youtube that you have seen 100 times. No one likes that.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I only have 12 buttons on my keyboard with pre arranged phrases :(

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yesterday or so you said it was 8. fake news again?! :D

23. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I agree. It's up to the people. If they want 100 straight terms of Bush family members, then I support their right (though not their wisdom) to make that choice. Similarly, I'm against term limits for the same reason. I prefer giving the people as much freedom as possible to choose those they want to govern.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I tend to agree, although it's getting harder when we still see people electing flat-earth fans and assorted other anti-science representatives. We need educated voters (or so some of us think). In neglecting funds for adequate education we end up never quite ditching our predilection for ignorant Congresscritters. If i sound like I want to revert to poll taxes and literacy tests, not the case.

I don't know what the answers are here. Not even sure what the all the questions are.. One of the questions I have though is why we tolerate gerrymandering of Congressional districts. It completely negates the effect of term limilts and tends only to shove the district to the extreme left or right depending on the color of the district as gerrymandered.

25. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

and you don't even use all of them :p