Would I be able to revert to iOS 6.1.2 after being on iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sonicrobby, Jul 5, 2013.

1. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

So, the device in question is an iPad mini. It is currently jailbroken on iOS 6.1.2. I put iOS 7 on my iphone (it was never jailbroken), didnt like it on the phone, so took it off. The thing is, iOS 7 looks much better on an iPad IMO, I wanted to test it, but Im afraid I wont be able to go back to iOS 6.1.2. Ive got tinyumbrella and backed up my blobs, but people say it still wont work. Is this true?

Should I just leave my ipad mini on iOS6 until there is a jailbreak for 7? Maybe I could go out, buy a new mini, install iOS7 and try it for a week, then wipe it back to iOS6 and return it for a full refund?

2. Designed4Mac macrumors 6502

Designed4Mac

To put it simply......NO......you can't go back.

Why would you be that desperate to go out and buy another mini just to test out IOS 7 for a week.

IMO keep your jailbreak cos beta 2 has plenty of bugs and the IOS 7 jailbreak won't be here any time soon.

3. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

no u cant go back to 6.1.2, stay on ios 6 and wait till ios 7 gets a jailbreak. there are anyways so many bugs on iOS 7 atm.

4. sonicrobby thread starter macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

It was just going to be to test. I already have a negative opinion on iOS 7, but I think that playing with it on the mini would be different. But its alright, I will hold off on any updates. Thanks

5. szman86 macrumors newbie