Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I am so happy right now. :eek: iOS 7 is everything that it should be. People can argue and say we should've had X and Y years ago; it's here now. :apple:

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
well i'm not with jailbreak since ios 6 but ios 7 just gave me everything i needed from the jailbreak (sbsettings).

7enderbender

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2012
North East US
I am so happy right now. :eek: iOS 7 is everything that it should be. People can argue and say we should've had X and Y years ago; it's here now. :apple:

Really? How do you know that? Yeah, they've changed the look of it (not for the better but who cares) and added a few relatively useless gizmos.

I've yet to see any significant changes to the stuff that bugs me - like the Apple mail app. Meanwhile I'll just wait and see.

Is there a way to block my iPhone 5 from automatically updating to this? I'd rather have other people test this first while I remain operational (as much as that can be said with respect to the mail app and the ups and downs of iCloud push...)

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Ummm...seriously? No wonder people make fun of Apple users.

I don't care what people think of me to be frank. And while this post was made in jest, I am extremely excited about it. Things *I* care about were adressed. Easy toggles, UI overhaul, better Siri.

Do not chastise me for being passionate about what I love. Thanks. :apple:

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't care what people think of me to be frank. And while this post was made in jest, I am extremely excited about it. Things *I* care about were adressed. Easy toggles, UI overhaul, better Siri.

You're not alone! That's why we're here; a passion for technology and design.

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
I like the technical additi0ns to ios 7... but the design is boring. Getting older and mist wear glasses now, font hard to read. honestly, looks like design from the web in 1996-7

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I like the technical additi0ns to ios 7... but the design is boring. Getting older and mist wear glasses now, font hard to read. honestly, looks like design from the web in 1996-7

They claim it's easier and bigger to read. Perhaps a physical preview will alter your opinion.

Edit: #dyslexic

Tarzanman

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
I can see it both ways.

On the one hand, some of the new features are helpful improvements... and improvements are always welcome.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who yearn for the days when iOS was the most powerful option available for a mobile computing device, making it hard to be satisfied by the lack of additions that leapfog offerings from Android.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Is there a way to block my iPhone 5 from automatically updating to this? I'd rather have other people test this first while I remain operational (as much as that can be said with respect to the mail app and the ups and downs of iCloud push...)

Updates don't automatically happen. Lots of people waited on iOS 6. I was in the apple store a while back and some lady hadn't updated her iPhone since iOS 5.

GenesisST

macrumors 68000
Jan 23, 2006
Where I live
In the grand scheme of things, it's just a freaking phone/tablet os...

That said, other than the safari icon, I do like what I saw.

7enderbender

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2012
North East US

That's exactly it. Not that I care much about design in this sense and simpler is better. But still. This does look dated indeed.

IsaacM

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
It truly is a victorious moment for all iOS fans :apple: Android and Blackberry are done.

MacBookPro13"

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2011
Ireland

Logged in just so I could up-vote this post.

virginblue4

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

I agree. I was so happy watching them unveil everything, I believe it is the perfect OS.

And do you know what? Stuff all the haters here. You're entitled to your own opinion and I fell the same way you do.

DMH3006

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2011
Not at all, but for different reasons. I think it is a shame that there are still no multiple user accounts and no free choice of default apps.

multiple user accounts on a phone? do you happen to share your phone with anyone on a daily basis? and i don't mean letting someone text a friend or make a call,i mean share it like people share computers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.