Would like to stop constant parking of HD heads and clicking noise?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ejosepha, Oct 28, 2009.

1. ejosepha macrumors 6502

Aside from the program hdapm, is there a way to stop the constant parking and unparking of my Fujitsu 5400 250gb HD heads on base model MBP mid-2009. For some reason, even with the successful launching of the hdapm program, the clicking and constant parking and unparking of the heads on the drive continues. Any help to workaround this with hdapm, or another approach to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated. Other than this, I love the computer. I used the below link for instructions on how to load the program, and in the console it states that it was successfully loaded at startup. But the constant ping pong noise continues. I did hear that maybe the Fujitsu HD may make it more difficult to enable the effective use of this program. The below link is what was suggested to me.
    Is there another way to approach this, or workaround. I simply want the clicking of heads parking and unparking constantly to stop or reduce.
    Any and all help would be appreciated.

http://mymacfixes.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-do-i-stop-clicking-noise-from-hard.html

2. Tiki35 macrumors 6502

My computer is only 2 weeks old, but I have the exact same laptop and the exact same noise, except mine is a Toshiba 250GB 5400rpm hard drive. I did all the hdapm stuff and the noise is also still there. I had to remove hdapm because it was not effective and was killing my battery life. If SSD's were cheaper, I would replace my HD right now if I could.