Would now be a bad time to buy an iPad? Or am I good

NaomiSmithxO

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
London
Would now be a bad time to buy an iPad? Or am I good?

Looking to get a 32GB Wifi iPad with retina display.

Thanks in advance.

gpatrick15

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Unless you're interested in the rumored mini, then there's no need to wait. The next full sized iPad won't be released until March of next year at the earliest.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
I would say go for it now.

Unless you want a smaller iPad mini which is rumored to come out later this year.

I personally wouldn't believe the rumors that they are re-releasing the retina iPad with smaller doc connector.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
As someone who literally bought the same kind of model you are looking for last week, get it now.

The Ipad right now isn't big at all, I can type on it just fine even horizontally.

Gaming on it, if that is your thing, is simply amazing. The games look freaking incredible.

Writing and taking notes works well, and it is the perfect accessory to my college textbooks when I am in class.

I would say get it.

Agent-P

macrumors 68030
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Just to throw in one more thing, there was a couple of rumours that said Apple might refresh the full size iPad to have the rumoured smaller dock connector. But that really isn't a big deal, so I would just buy it now.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
There have been rumors that the iPad would get a slight revision in October alongside the iPad Mini so that it would have the same new dock connector as the other new iOS devices coming out this fall.

I'm not sure how credible that rumor really is, and even if that does happen a new dock connector isn't a huge deal anyway.

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Bought my first iPad a few days ago, never thought I needed one but its great! To be honest I definitely didn't need one, I wanted one ha! The plex app is AMAZING if you have a media server! Most refined app out there.

:D