Would SIM swap between two iPhone 5s work?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vijay007, Sep 17, 2012.

1. vijay007 macrumors regular

I will be getting two iPhone 5s - One for myself and One for my wife.

One (32GB) is already preordered through AT&T and will be delivered after 2-3 weeks :mad: I will be buying one on launch day (16GB) at an AT&T store. Both the phones will be under my name.

Once I receive the preordered phone, I am planning to swap the SIM cards since I need the 32 GB and my wife wants the 16 GB. Would the SIM swap work without any issues?

2. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Just call ATT once you get the second phone, and they will set it up for you...

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

My understanding after speaking w/ AT&T today about a similar issue is that as long as you don't activate your new phone it is not tied to the nano sim inside. Meaning that you will not have to swap our sims cards between two phones. if you call att and give them your iccid and imei #'s BEFORE you activate they can associate your iphone with any nano sim. But once you activate the phone with the sim card it is permanently locked to that sim card.

I hope this helps.

4. forcetactic macrumors 6502

You can just swap the sims once you've gone through the activation process. Sims are not tied to phones; only tied to your plan

5. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a