Would Steve Jobs have approved of "Resolutionary"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blorzoga, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Somehow I think he would have shot that one down.

2. d4rkc4sm macrumors 6502

d4rkc4sm

3. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

I think it's pretty well found and fits "the new iPad" perfectly :rolleyes:

4. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

Being the first product released after his death, I guarantee he not only approved of it but he coined it.

The roadmap of products that will be forthcoming for the next few years have all been signed off by Steve.

5. gibbz macrumors 68030

You're talking about the guy who once released "the funnest iPod ever."

I'm bet he even had something to do with it.

6. maclook macrumors 65816

They've used seemingly tacky phrases like that for other products front pages.
    I read this in the comment section of a Venture Beat article and it's so perfect. Somebody was saying that Steve Jobs would never have approved of the ATV's new UI. In response, a commenter wrote:

"Yay! We've arrived at the point where anyone gets to let Jobs' spirit speak through them to let us know how he really would have done it.
    I guess you know for a fact that he hadn't already seen this new interface? I bet you would have said the exact same thing if the faux leather in Find my Friends and iCal were introduced today instead of 9 months ago."

The first line is the best.

7. xMBPx macrumors regular

I don't think that term is bad. HOWEVER

I know what he would not have allowed is a thicker and heavier model than previous. I doubt Jobs would ever accept added weight and thickness for upgraded technology. He would make them go back and back again until they figured it out.

It really kind of pisses me off too. I use my iPad as a replacement for printed reference pictures while I'm painting. Getting closer to the weight of paper in my hand would be ideal.

8. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

He's not here now. Tim and the gang need to find their way forward on their own. The only thing that is for sure is that things will be different.

9. chromey macrumors member

Seriously? The dude is dead. Who the f cares how he MIGHT have advertised it. Sorry to be so blunt, but sometimes you have to face the facts.

10. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Wwjd

It's not like iMac, iPhone and iPad/iPod are the greatest names on the planet.

11. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I think it's safe to say that the whole product road map for the next two years, including the marketing elements, were approved by Jobs before he died.

12. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I disagree. The world is moving to LTE. Tablets and phones need to be compatible, especially if they're running on Verizon's network who is REQUIRING LTE compatibility now. Apple is not going to sacrifice battery life, so this is a move they had to make to get the battery in there. The difference in design is barely noticeable. I doubt if you were holding an iPad 2 in one hand and an iPad 3 in the other hand that you would be able to tell the difference. Jobs would have approved it and probably DID approve it. They didn't design this thing a week ago--it's probably been in the works since the LTE chips became available.

13. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

14. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Resolutionary is pretty ridiculous sounding. I laugh every time I go to the site.

But it's okay.

15. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

This iPad has been in the works for a while... they didn't just dream it up after his death. It is a certainty that he was fully aware of this iPad's specs.

16. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

I actually like "the new iPad' now instead of the boring iPad 3 alias. iPad HD would of been interesting but its not Steve....and it sounds to microsoft

When you talk to someone about the iPad you say, you seen the new iPad mate? i think it rolls off nicely.

Resolutionary made me chuckle i must say!

I was pleased with how the team did on the keynote, still keeping the Apple spirit best they can and i really liked Tim Cooks thank you afterwards. This one is for you Steve. I hope your starting off the Apple brand up there for when we enter....we can be presented with a Macintosh

:apple:

17. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Steve is dead. Tim cook boss. Apple lives.
    Deal with it now. This question is stopid.

18. Foxykhat macrumors member

OMW people while Steve Job did some awesome things he was a man, and he's now dead. Stop with this nonsense of, would Steve had like this or that.

Whether or not he would and or would not, is irrelevant at this point since he's not here.

Can we just give Tim Cook a chance to do what he's going to do?!

Foxy

19. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Yup.

20. travistaylor macrumors regular

Steve would be hapPy that they made a decision.

In his biography, Steve is quoted to have cited the situation at HP after the founders left. HP was crippled because the new leadership were constantly wondering what they would have done.

Is it the best tag line? Nah. But Steve would happy if no one at Apple ever asked this question.

21. barkomatic macrumors 68040

The biggest mistake Apple can make is to try and guess what "Steve would have done" with every major decision. It's time to move on.

22. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

and iPad wasn't a joke when that was announced. at least this is just advertisement.

agreed.

23. Ayemerica macrumors 65816

Ayemerica

Got me to laugh.

24. jackc macrumors 65816

jackc

Once they explained the laws of physics to him, he'd be fine with it. I just asked him, he said he'd never cripple the device just to avoid a little thickness.