Would Tmobile get the newer Iphone on time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pinkstiletto66, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Pinkstiletto66 macrumors 6502

Since they are getting the 5 in a few days, would the get the 5s/6 when it comes out in June (or the regular time it comes out?)

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I'm sure they'll get it at the same time as the other big carriers, whenever it comes out (if I was betting on it, I would pick fall, but I'm welcome to be proven wrong)

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Based on Verizon's launch, which was also 'mid cycle' yes. When the next phone comes out, t-mobile will have it at the same time as the rest

4. ritmomundo macrumors 68000

ritmomundo

When Verizon first got the iPhone 4, it was 8 months after the AT&T iPhone 4 came out. This pushed the 4S release to October (another 8 months).

The 5 came out last September. I see no reason why the 5S/6 would come out earlier than Sept/Oct, given their 12+ month release history.

But yes, TMo will get the 5S/6 when everyone else gets it as well.

5. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

That is when the last one was out so you are likely correct.

Consider, what would be the logic of releasing it now if a new phone was coming in 2-3 months like the rumors claim. Just do like they did with the 4s and Sprint and wait and make this the 'One more thing'.

Same with the iPad in April talk. Why release a 128gb and then a whole new model in 2-3 months.

I think in both cases Apple had the product ready and released it to shut up the rumors.

----------

More like Apple was already planning to push the release to get the iOS previews back to WWDC where they made the most sense. But folks were screaming so much for a second carrier they decided to go ahead and launch Verizon mid cycle

6. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Now that Apple is including AWS HSPA in the unlocked iPhone (the same one AT&T uses), then they have to come out with a T-mobile version at the same time since they are the same exact phone. It would be pointless to delay the phone for T-mobile since they are already selling the same model for AT&T and unlocked.

7. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

May be

since t-mobile goes with out contract, the system works differently; you are applying for 24 month installment plan.

t-mobile might get the iPhone 5S/6 when other regional carriers get their iPhone. my gut feeling tells me, they will get later than VZ, ATT and Sprint.

also note, apple does not sell t-mobile version of iPhone or other regional carriers also.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

There's no reason to think they won't get it at the same time. Actually Apple WILL be selling the Tmobile version of the iPhone in their stores come this Friday as they will also be replacing the current AT&T and unlocked versions with the Tmobile version so the iPhone sold for Tmobile and AT&T will be the exact same one but carrier locked to their respective networks.

9. bozzykid macrumors 68020

There seems to be a lot of confusion about T-mobile here. The plans are non-contract but buying the phone requires a contract unless you pay full price. No way will T-mobile not get the phone at the same time as the other 3 big carriers especially when the phone is the exact same hardware as the AT&T version.

10. madsci954 macrumors 68030

The T-Mobile/tweaked ATT/factory unlocked iPhone isn't officially on sale until Friday, so we will see what happens then.

11. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

This. The "T-Mobile version" will now become the Apple standard GSM unlocked version.

12. bozzykid macrumors 68020

T-mobile is not a regional carrier. I'm not sure why you are saying that.

13. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

We will see; It is pure installment plan; you are bound by credit score if you do not pay the installment, you are not under contract.

I think it is going to be unlocked version. I am not sure if it going to be another version for t-mobile

Agree with you on this, they are the fourth largest. But what I am saying they will get newer iPhones when the regional carriers get. Apple is after the contract owners first to upgrade (Att, VZ and sprint) and bring the phones everywhere else.

14. CEmajr macrumors 601

You do realize that there are more customers on Tmobile than some countries who get the newest iphone on time have in total population right?

There's no reason why they would sign a contract with Apple to get a delayed launch of the next iPhone model. The first weekend of sales for the newest Iphone is one of the biggest weekends of the year for carriers and Tmobile knows they would lose a ton of potential revenue and customers if they didn't have it at the same time as the other carriers. The regional carriers usually don't get them at launch because they can't afford the volume. Tmobile is nationwide and has the resources for it.

15. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Is no different than Verizon getting the iPhone 4, like six months after release on all other carriers, and then they got the new 4S at the same time as everyone else.

T-Mobile got the Note 1 super late in the game, like 8 or 9 months after release, and then when the Note 2 came out, like three to four months later, they had it at the same time as everyone else.

Yes, T-Mobile will get the iPhone 5S at the same time, on release.