would u be upset if the next iphone will be a nano & not an iphone 5 this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

since verizon got the iphone this month

apple might wait till next year to release the iphone 5 and the nano this year??

:apple:

2. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

3. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

how do u know

it would be weird to release 2 iphones at the same time this summer

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Apple has some competition to catch up to, haven't you seen the new craptastic Android devices out there?

Apple will release the iPhone 4G to stay within the competition

5. leowyatt macrumors regular

The rumours of a nano phone will probably just turn out to be rumours and all we'll see this summer is the iPhone 5 :)

I'd imagine lots of the 3GS 2 year contracts will be coming to an end in June so we'll no doubt see something around then.

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Apple will release the iPhone Nano much to the "WTF?" from everyone in the world.

They will watch their stock value sink a bit. Once it does, people will give a big "FU!" to Apple and sell off their stocks.

Apple execs will snap up all those stocks up and then, Release the iPhone 6 giving the rest of the world a nice big "KISS OUR COLLECTIVELY RICHER A$$ES BEEEEEEEYATCH!!!"

7. aldo82 macrumors regular

the release of the verizon iphone has nothing to do with it. iphones are released mid-cycle all over the world on different carriers and it doesn't effect the yearly release cycle. Apple can't afford to let the competition get ahead. Those that believe there won't be an iphone 5 this year are just wishful thinking as they probably can't afford to get it!

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Personally, I don't see an iPhone nano ever happening. The trend appears to be going to larger screens in smartphones 4-4.3 inches, not to smaller screens. I know I won't buy an iPhone with a screen smaller than the 3.5 inch screen they currently have.

9. Remmnever macrumors member

The latest rumors stated the LTE iPhone won't released until 2012 at the earliest. If there is an iPhone 5 this year it will have the dual core processor.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Most manufacturers release a few phones at a time. Nothing weird about it.

11. kre62 macrumors 68000

I dont know why people cant wrap their heads around the very likely possibility that more then 1 iPhone will be released this June. The Nano, and of course the already nearly-confirned next iteration of the iPhone. In my perfect world, I'd like to see a small, regular, and 4" large version released.

12. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

would it kill you to add some y's and o's to your u's?

13. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Yes - I would probably have to buy an Android phone then :p

14. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

AT&T 4G network is HSPA+

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, Apple has decided to just sit back and let Android take away more smart phone market share because they don't want things to be 'weird.'

I'm sure we'll see that headline tomorrow in the WSJ.

16. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

yes the question was too long

17. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

18. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Learn to be succinct.

Since I'm not upgrading this year, it wouldn't bother me if Apple did anything as stupid as release a nano in place of the 5th gen of the iphone.
    Unless Apple is as dumb as Dubya with Iraq, they're going to release a new GSM iphone. It could be the upgrade cycle for Verizon is earlier in the year. That'd be hilarious.

19. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

They will of course release the iphone shuffle

20. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Verizon isn't the first carrier to get the iPhone mid cycle. There'll be an iPhone this summer

21. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

If Apple wants to lose billions of dollars on their amazing iPhone revenue then yes i would be upset.

C'mon people, get realistic, Apple will only want to go up. This year we'll definitely see an iPhone 5 and from the rumors an iPhone nano as well

23. aldo82 macrumors regular

I don't get the nano concept at all, I don't really see the point. I think Apple should just keep the older models going. When the iPhone 5 is released we all expect them to keep a small capacity iPhone 4 for the bottom of the line. But in addition, why not keep a 3GS going as well. Maybe re-name it, perhaps sell it with a few different coloured backs and sell it cheap. It's still a good phone and that way you still have a device that people will spend money on in the app store and in itunes yet you make it more accessible -price wise - to everyone

24. aohus macrumors 68000

did you even read the rumor correctly?

it says that the smaller iPhone would be released AS WELL AS an updated version of the iP4.

25. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Yeah, I would be upset.

BTW, a little off topic, was Hitler or Pol Pot already taken as login names from the list of genocidal maniacs?