Would Unreal Tournament 3 run well under Parallels and/or Fusion?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Taustin Powers, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Apr 5, 2005
    Thinking about picking up a windows copy of the game, just for the level editor though. I play on the PS3, but I want to build maps.

Can anyone tell me if this would work reasonably well (don't need 120 FPS for building...) under the following configuration:

Early 2008 Mac Pro, 8 Core, 2.8 GHz
    4 GB Ram
    Geforce 8800GT
    Windows XP SP2 on either Parallels or Fusion

Does this sound feasible, or should I forget about VMs and just stick with Boot Camp for this task?
  2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    stick with bootcamp

parrallels doesnt do 3d acceleration last i checked. and if it does, it cant be near as well as native
  3. nikopolidis macrumors regular

Dec 21, 2007
    Well, I'm not sure about Unreal Tournament 3 but Unreal Tournament 2004 runs perfectly with Parallels.. The confirmation of this fact is here (info about 3D support from Parallels' officials).
    I recommend you to compare the games you want to run with that list of the games on their web-sites. If your game's system requirements are higher than go with Boot Camp and you will get PC-native performance with your nice Mac characteristics... :)